Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Put this in camping and caravan section, you'll get more response

British gas, helplink , a shade greener etc loads that do monthly payments.

Better Getting an interest free credit card and paying that of and using a local company. You generally save 30% doing this and the interest saving.

Hi thanks for looking :-)

I have a boiler which is about 15 years old. Tank in the airing cupboard upstairs. A digital control unit on the wall in the kitchen allows me to set timer/constant for hot water and heating.

Thermostat on stairs is where I set central heating temperature. The problem I have is that the central heating won't work. The boiler fires up perfectly for the hot water when I turn it on on the digital control unit but when I turn the central heating on,the light appears on the control unit but the boiler doesn't fire up. I thought it may be a problem with the thermostat on the stairs, so I fitted a new one,but that hasn't solved the issue. Im thinking it can't be the boiler at fault because it fires up for the hot water when required. Has anyone any ideas as to what the fault could be??

Many thanks in advance, Mark

Hi thanks for looking :-)

I have a boiler which is about 15 years old. Tank in the airing cupboard upstairs. A digital control unit on the wall in the kitchen allows me to set timer/constant for hot water and heating.

Thermostat on stairs is where I set central heating temperature. The problem I have is that the central heating won't work. The boiler fires up perfectly for the hot water when I turn it on on the digital control unit but when I turn the central heating on,the light appears on the control unit but the boiler doesn't fire up. I thought it may be a problem with the thermostat on the stairs, so I fitted a new one,but that hasn't solved the issue. Im thinking it can't be the boiler at fault because it fires up for the hot water when required. Has anyone any ideas as to what the fault could be??

Many thanks in advance, Mark

Changing the room-stat is one thing, BUT was there power there when demand on ? If not problem with stat then check valve in airing cupboard....easiest to check everything via wiring centre usually located in airing cupboard. And yes, you are correct, this is not a boiler problem.....simply external controls, regards, Steve

I need a boiler repair man for my Potterton boiler (now Baxi).

the boiler was fitted when the house was built in 2003, and whistles when its on. All the houses made by George Wimpey were fitted with the same boilers and all have been failing in the same way. Some are repaired, some are replaced.

I have been told that i need (and forgive my lack of correct knowledge on this) - Burner Seal Turbulators, which are about £40, something to do with baffels in the the flue.

I know a lot of boiler repair people don't go near these types of boilers now, so if you would repair mine with these parts, please can you PM me?

thanks

I need a boiler repair man for my Potterton boiler (now Baxi).

the boiler was fitted when the house was built in 2003, and whistles when its on. All the houses made by George Wimpey were fitted with the same boilers and all have been failing in the same way. Some are repaired, some are replaced.

I have been told that i need (and forgive my lack of correct knowledge on this) - Burner Seal Turbulators, which are about £40, something to do with baffels in the the flue.

I know a lot of boiler repair people don't go near these types of boilers now, so if you would repair mine with these parts, please can you PM me?

thanks

Hi do you already have your own parts for your boiler?

We would be happy to help with the issues your having cheers Jon at

JB Heating Services.

Hi

I am currently looking at buying a house that has a gloworm hideaway FF boiler fitter. It is old and probably clunky so I am trying to get an idea of how much it would cost to replace one of these with a combi. It's a 2 bed bungalow and there are 6 radiators that would also need replacing. The water tank in the loft would also need removing.

I know I can't get an exact quote without someone viewing it but a very rough idea before I start offering on the property would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi

I am currently looking at buying a house that has a gloworm hideaway FF boiler fitter. It is old and probably clunky so I am trying to get an idea of how much it would cost to replace one of these with a combi. It's a 2 bed bungalow and there are 6 radiators that would also need replacing. The water tank in the loft would also need removing.

I know I can't get an exact quote without someone viewing it but a very rough idea before I start offering on the property would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks![/QUOT

PM sent, happy to view and offer a written quote, cheers, Steve

Hi

Thanks!

Hi Sarah your inbox is full.

Regards Jonathan is

Hi

baxi 105HE has a drip leak from CH return pipe on entry to boiler.

Is it just a case of tightening nut a bit, or does that tend to damage any seal, e.g fibre washer.

Thanks for any info.

Hi

baxi 105HE has a drip leak from CH return pipe on entry to boiler.

Is it just a case of tightening nut a bit, or does that tend to damage any seal, e.g fibre washer.

Thanks for any info.

Best advice call a plumber if you split it cost a lot more in emergency call out