Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Could I have a quick bit of advice please regarding a radiator. It is staying cool at the bottom and not getting that hot overall . Tried bleeding it , but no air. It is micro bore (yes i know not ideal, but its the only radiator that is), used to get hot.

Dont want to spend much money as currently moving so any ideas about what I could possibly do would be much appreciated?

Hi

possibly a sludge build up in the radiator.

or a restriction or blockage in the supply pipework.

try turning off all other radiators or as many as possible, hopefully this may force the heat to the problem radiator.

Regards

Adam

Please Help.Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but I have an intermittent fault on my Worcester Bosh 24i RSF boiler.It has had 3 repairs in the last year or so including a new printed circuit board,new fan,new electrodes and leads. And has the last engineer baffled.The heating and hot water comes on but goes back off again after about 10/20 minutes.Does anyone give free quotes or have the knowledge to diagnose the fault.We are selling the property so don't want to replace the boiler.The filling loop has been topped up several times and radiators bled. can you help?

Please Help.Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but I have an intermittent fault on my Worcester Bosh 24i RSF boiler.It has had 3 repairs in the last year or so including a new printed circuit board,new fan,new electrodes and leads. And has the last engineer baffled.The heating and hot water comes on but goes back off again after about 10/20 minutes.Does anyone give free quotes or have the knowledge to diagnose the fault.We are selling the property so don't want to replace the boiler.The filling loop has been topped up several times and radiators bled. can you help?

Happy to take a look but it would have to be in a few weeks we have a guy who is very good with Worcesters cheers Jon at JB Heating.

Need some advice please.

Just moved into a house with an ideal independent combi boiler.

In the morning the first person to have a shower in fine and then when the second goes in the water starts off hot but then runs freezing cold after about 2 mins.

I was looking at the boiler while my mrs was in the shower and when it's turned on (just mixer tap from bath) the boiler calls for hot water and everything is fine, then after about 2 mins the boiler goes back to central heating mode and the water runs cold.

When the shower is switch off and then on again, the boiler calls for hot water again but then after about 2 mins switches back to central heating.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Cheers

Hi happy to call and check the system and quote free for you cheers Jon at

JB Heating.

Thanks I'll get back to you if we don't get it sorted before.

Is there an engineer could take a look at our Ch system?

Two problems a) Remote controls don't seem to have any effect on operations. So we have to turn CH on and off manually at the boiler (A Hydroline B24), b) I can't find where to fill the boiler, which is not prob right now as it's got acceptable pressure, but obv we need to fix this.

Anyone can take a look, pls let me know.

S7

Is there an engineer could take a look at our Ch system?

Two problems a) Remote controls don't seem to have any effect on operations. So we have to turn CH on and off manually at the boiler (A Hydroline B24), b) I can't find where to fill the boiler, which is not prob right now as it's got acceptable pressure, but obv we need to fix this.

Anyone can take a look, pls let me know.

S7

Hi happy to book you in but cant come for about two weeks cheers Jon at JB Heating.

I havnt had central heating before, and I am wonder the mot economical way to control the heat. At present we use the controls on each heater, its always off in the kitchen. And then putting the dail on the wall to 20* when we want it warm.

Our days are very varied, how can I set it up, so that I can use the one hour button?

That is a pretty garbled message El Cid...

Simple answer is: Dunno, depends on your setup. We have a Honeywell thermostat all we do with that is set the temperature to where we want it.

The actual 'timer' is on the boiler, which decides what comes on when (Hot water as well). So if we don't want the heating off at 8.30 (normal time during week days) we have to manually switch on the boiler until it meets its next planned time.

Time it to come on at a specific hour and then to switch off an hour later. If I remember correctly the heating has to seperate on/off settings as does the water. Think I just to manually put mine of cont for a few hours before turning it off, which suited me

We're having a problem with the shower in our bathroom. The water flow/pressure is fine but it doesn't get hot.

Basically our plumber says that it needs a new thermostatic cartridge but he can't do it unless we can find out the make/model. Otherwise he'd need to take off the tiles to find out which cartridge it needs.

So... does anyone here recognise the shower who could tell us the make??

It'd be much appreciated.

http://s585.photobucket.com/user/clumperillo/library/Shower?sort=3&page=1