Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Hi all,

I've had a search on the forum and can't see a similar question, but apologies if I've missed it. We're looking at moving to a house in Sheffield. It has one of the old style warm air units. I'm not sure of the actual boiler make/model. It doesn't look in a great state and I wonder if anybody can recommend a heating engineer who could do a 'survey' on it and comment on its functionality etc.

Many thanks.

Hi all,

I've had a search on the forum and can't see a similar question, but apologies if I've missed it. We're looking at moving to a house in Sheffield. It has one of the old style warm air units. I'm not sure of the actual boiler make/model. It doesn't look in a great state and I wonder if anybody can recommend a heating engineer who could do a 'survey' on it and comment on its functionality etc.

Many thanks.

Hi we work with the warm air systems and would be happy to service the unit and test its safety.

I would have thought you have a Johnson and Starley or if its really old a Lynx but not seen any for a few years now.

Feel free to call cheers Jon at JB Heating.

Good Evening

I am new here so Hello to all...

Having a slight problem with the fan on combi boiler , can anyone here offer any advice please..

The boiler is functioning fine but when the dial is set to the frost mode the fan comes on and stays on as though it wants to do something ?

---------- Post added 05-10-2014 at 20:24 ----------

Can anyone help with combi boiler fan problem please ?

Hi happy to take a look for you on wednesday if thats any good to you cheers Jon at

JB Heating Services.

Do any of you gas guys service gas fires ? I'm getting quite a few customers just moved in to a new house, don't know when the fire was last used let alone serviced.

Thanks.

Rob.

Do any of you gas guys service gas fires ? I'm getting quite a few customers just moved in to a new house, don't know when the fire was last used let alone serviced.

Thanks.

Rob.

Hi we do happy to help if required cheers Jon at JB Heating Services.

I have a property with all but one radiator not getting warm. Tried bleeding it with loads of water coming out but still not even getting warm. Tiny little bit of heat at the top but hardly anything worth noticing. Can there still be air inside??? Bled almost half a bowl of water out of it.

I have a property with all but one radiator not getting warm. Tried bleeding it with loads of water coming out but still not even getting warm. Tiny little bit of heat at the top but hardly anything worth noticing. Can there still be air inside??? Bled almost half a bowl of water out of it.

How to Balance Heating System Radiators - Plumbing Tips

http://www.shadlock.co.uk/energy/heat/chbal.htm

Thanks.

Rob.

Happy to assist with any fires that need a service, cheers, Steve

---------- Post added 06-10-2014 at 21:14 ----------

Good Evening

I am new here so Hello to all...

Having a slight problem with the fan on combi boiler , can anyone here offer any advice please..

The boiler is functioning fine but when the dial is set to the frost mode the fan comes on and stays on as though it wants to do something ?

---------- Post added 05-10-2014 at 20:24 ----------

Can anyone help with combi boiler fan problem please ?

What is make/model of boiler ?

Could be a ceased or clogged valve. Have you tried turning off all the other rads?

Even when I have my heating on for a few hours it never gets up to the desired temperature, even on full it's only ever about 18 degrees. The rads are boiling to touch but does this mean they are rubbish rads??

Can anyone advise about this, they are old single panel ones. I don't really know what my boiler type is but it was new a couple of years ago so presuming a fairly reasonable one.

Thanks!