Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

o

As mentioned by others, boiler should have a stat fitted to comply with 'part L'....easiest to fit a wireless device, simple install

I've now discovered it needs TRVs as well. I will get the building inspector to have a look at it.

---------- Post added 24-03-2014 at 20:13 ----------

Gas Safe will also check a Job if you ask them to. like I said if they have cut corners not complying to part L what other corners could they have cut! you should also receive a certificate from gas safe in the post if he has registered your boiler install, some manufactures will not honour warranties unless installed by a registered gas fitter!

Spoke with Glow-worm today - their technical advice was that a room stat is not required. I will let them know what I have discovered.

Does anyone know if the Building inspector will enforce these regulations?

---------- Post added 25-03-2014 at 07:28 ----------

One more question. Is it safe to have the gas supply to the boiler in different sizes of pipe?

Edited by Uhtred
omission

o

I've now discovered it needs TRVs as well. I will get the building inspector to have a look at it.

Spoke with Glow-worm today - their technical advice was that a room stat is not required. I will let them know what I have discovered.

One more question. Is it safe to have the gas supply to the boiler in different sizes of pipe?

On glow worm connection upto boiler is 15mm so it should be 22mm upto boiler with a bit of 15mm to finish off.

It may have also some 28mm pipe from gas meter. But yes its safe to have different size pipes.

Bolinger-gas have given awful service. They did half a Job and then left, and did not return. They where rude and left us with a leaking boiler. When we called them to question why they had not returned they fobbed us off saying they would be coming back or that it must of been one of there other engineers and that they would get them to call us which they never did. 4 weeks after the day they said they would return with no response from them we have had the work done by another company.

o

Ring the council I 'm sure they will tell you.

Like I have already said it an engineer does comply to building regs then, where else have corners been cut, For your safety get gas safe to do an inspection! IT IS FREE!

---------- Post added 25-03-2014 at 16:42 ----------

Bolinger-gas have given awful service. They did half a Job and then left, and did not return. They where rude and left us with a leaking boiler. When we called them to question why they had not returned they fobbed us off saying they would be coming back or that it must of been one of there other engineers and that they would get them to call us which they never did. 4 weeks after the day they said they would return with no response from them we have had the work done by another company.

If you need any help we are in S10 most days!

The room thermostat building regs issue

I have spoken with a building inspector at Rotherham Council, and he says they have no power to get involved because the installer is gas safe registered and as such it is up to them.

A previous conversation at gas safe said they weren't interested.

What's the point of building regulations?

Tell Gas safe you were not sure if the engineer was registered they should then check the job!

I ask myself the building regulations question daily! As a company with morales we comply to them, also I 'm sure if there was ever a problem and we hadn't our insurance could be affected.

I am planning to replace my boiler and need a quote. I'm looking for someone who is reliable and will do a good job. The house is quite big and currently has a 10 year old Baxi combination boiler which because of the size of the house also has a storage tank within it. When it was being repaired recently the engineer said he would replace it with a separate boiler and tank because of the size of the house - whilst someone else said a combi should cope. I need advice which is best. S20 area.

I am planning to replace my boiler and need a quote. I'm looking for someone who is reliable and will do a good job. The house is quite big and currently has a 10 year old Baxi combination boiler which because of the size of the house also has a storage tank within it. When it was being repaired recently the engineer said he would replace it with a separate boiler and tank because of the size of the house - whilst someone else said a combi should cope. I need advice which is best. S20 area.

If you are happy with the current output and performance then a combi may be adequate, cheap and efficient. If your house is quite large with more than one bathroom then a combi may not be ideal, as multiple simultaneous demands means a combi will not cope. Happy to survey your property, offer advice and a written quote, regards, Steve

Happy to quote free of charge cheers Jon at JB Heating.

I wholeheartedly recommend Steve (Corgigasman) on the Forum and he will do a professional job and give you a full written quote unlike some tradesman on here.

Steve installed me a new Ideal Combi 30+ 2years ago fantastic boiler.

I wholeheartedly recommend Steve (Corgigasman) on the Forum and he will do a professional job and give you a full written quote unlike some tradesman on here.

Steve installed me a new Ideal Combi 30+ 2years ago fantastic boiler.

Thank you for the recommendation, much appreciated

I have not hesitation in recommending Metgas 07592 418536. Did great work for me in March - new combi boiler, 2 new heaters, plus some other plumbing. Elsewhere in the forum I've posted a testimonial.