Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Hi leigh1231,

Not sure what your saying but if you'd like to give us a call after 2pm today we'd be happy to give you any advise we can over the phone.

Cheers

Lee

Which valiant boiler would be best suited to a five bedroom property. 13 rads 1 bathroom

Price not as important as looking for best boiler.?

Hi All,

Just a quick one for someone in the know. Weekend just gone we had a leak, under kitchen floor where one of the speed fit joints had popped off and the central heating water was just jollying out of the pipe into the foundations, well, its all been sorted and heating is back up and running and the offending joint has been replaced. However, since having it sorted, the hot water pressure has gone for a burton and you have to run around in the shower in order to get wet. Its an 'IDEAL' combi boiler and less than two years old. The pressure reading on the gague is about 2 and fluctuates slightly but only a bit. Before the 'incident' with one of speedfits finest joints, the water flow/pressure was perfect and the shower was like a power shower should be. Ive read the user guide and checked all the settings (but they are mainly all dials for temperature and the timer for heating on and off).

Any ideas as to why the flow rate has dropped so significantly?

Thanks

Well yeah ... I know I can find loads of plumbers on Google, but I'm looking for one who's reliable and doesn't charge for stuff that doesn't need doing, so recommendations are what I'm looking for.

Basically, my G/F had a new boiler fitted at the beginning of last year (not a cheap one). It worked fine for a while, but now has stopped working after several attempts by the original plumber to fix it, each time charging a lot of money. G/F wouldn't mind so much about the dosh if it had actually been fixed.

The plumber in question now doesn't answer his phone.

The boiler heats the water, but the central heating is kaputt. The water pump has been replaced as well as the valves. The boiler is controlled by a wireless thermostat for the heating which I suspect may be the culprit ... having said that, I know little about such matters.

So, basically ... can anyone recommend someone reliable to fix it? (S17 area ... preferably Monday 8th next week)

Thank you ... :)

Leeman Plumbing and Heating Ltd

15 Years Experience Gas Safe Registered 539093

Natural Gas and LPG Qualified MOBILE:07703721795

E-MAIL: [email protected]

my personal recommendation

Hi

I can highly recommend Sam Lovatt 07909 842848. He is also frequently recommended here on the Trades thread.

He came to sort out a small problem when the weather was awful up here in Crookes and although he could have charged me to replace a valve, he managed to sort out the problem without any cost. His website is ddps.biz.

Duckegg

Has anyone had a boiler installed by the company - 'a shade greener'? The offer seems brilliant but could do with some reviews.

Which valiant boiler would be best suited to a five bedroom property. 13 rads 1 bathroom

Price not as important as looking for best boiler.?

837 should do it easy but i would still rather have the 35 Ideal Logic + but thats just my opinion. Dont do what some do and undersize been to a few jobs in the last few weeks where engineers had gone smaller due to costs and profits, but i like to provide nice extra power for the hot water and showers if fitted cheers jon at JB Heating Services.

---------- Post added 04-04-2013 at 18:26 ----------

Well yeah ... I know I can find loads of plumbers on Google, but I'm looking for one who's reliable and doesn't charge for stuff that doesn't need doing, so recommendations are what I'm looking for.

Basically, my G/F had a new boiler fitted at the beginning of last year (not a cheap one). It worked fine for a while, but now has stopped working after several attempts by the original plumber to fix it, each time charging a lot of money. G/F wouldn't mind so much about the dosh if it had actually been fixed.

The boiler heats the water, but the central heating is kaputt. The water pump has been replaced as well as the valves. The boiler is controlled by a wireless thermostat for the heating which I suspect may be the culprit ... having said that, I know little about such matters.

So, basically ... can anyone recommend someone reliable to fix it? (S17 area ... preferably Monday 8th next week)

Happy to take a look for you, wondering what brand of wireless room thermostat your G/F has eg Drayton or Danfoss or Boss.

I always like to provide the built in ones that match the boilers, extra cash but a better end result cheers jon at JB Heating Services.

---------- Post added 04-04-2013 at 18:30 ----------

Hi All,

Just a quick one for someone in the know. Weekend just gone we had a leak, under kitchen floor where one of the speed fit joints had popped off and the central heating water was just jollying out of the pipe into the foundations, well, its all been sorted and heating is back up and running and the offending joint has been replaced. However, since having it sorted, the hot water pressure has gone for a burton and you have to run around in the shower in order to get wet. Its an 'IDEAL' combi boiler and less than two years old. The pressure reading on the gague is about 2 and fluctuates slightly but only a bit. Before the 'incident' with one of speedfits finest joints, the water flow/pressure was perfect and the shower was like a power shower should be. Ive read the user guide and checked all the settings (but they are mainly all dials for temperature and the timer for heating on and off).

Any ideas as to why the flow rate has dropped so significantly?

Thanks

Hi can i ask did the stop tap get turned off for a while when your repair was taking place?

If its a combi there is no need but thought i would ask just to check cheers jon at JB Heating Services.

Hi if your boiler wasnt a cheap one you should be able to get the manufacturer out as it should be covered by there warranty.

Please call if you want me to come have a look

Thank you

Scott

Hi, Im not sure if ive replied correctly to your question as im not sure how to use this forum properly yet. I do not believe it was actually no, there are valves on the pipes that supply the boiler that were turned off i think and the boiler was turned off during the pipe fixing activities. Do you think the inlet hasnt been untightened enough? I wouldnt want to start messing with it myself...

---------- Post added 04-04-2013 at 18:30 ----------

[/color]

Hi can i ask did the stop tap get turned off for a while when your repair was taking place?

If its a combi there is no need but thought i would ask just to check cheers jon at JB Heating Services.

I have a valiant boiler its a combination boiler and works well 16 years old

.would it be worth updateing to reduce gas bill .