Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

We've lost hot water in our house currently, but still have heating? Boiler is a Valiant Turbomax combi boiler I believe (only just moved in, and have done some judicious googling)

We had heating and hot water fine for a few days, then this morning we have no hot water. I don't know if this is relevant, but when I tried running the hot water for a while, the heating seemed to come on.

Any help?

Hi

Sounds most likely that the diverter valve is sticking.

Regards

Adam

More than likely would need replacing

It's a moving part that diverts either to hot water or heating. If your radiators get warm when running the hot tap. It sounds like it is sticking in the heating position.

Regards

Adam

Don't know really most valiant parts are fairly expensive. You would need to get the( gc) gas council number make and model located on underside of boiler casing. Then phone a parts spares company for a price.

Regards

Adam

Do they cost much to replace?

Hi if its the older model its not a nice easy swap and around £100.00 last time i bought one just for the valve, if its the newer wax diverter its not bad to change and last one i bought was around £85.00

You would be better telling us the GC number

cheers Jon at JB Heating.

I have a Salus RT500RF with my Worcester Bosch boiler and am having problems. The flame indicate isisn't on but the heating is still coming on. This is obviously expensive and as it gets too hot in the night I have to turn the boiler off at the wall, which means getting up to a cold house! Any ideas please?

Does your rads have TRV's?

Which model WB?

Is the system (inc the salus) a new install?

If it is a new install get the Gas safe engineer back out, or..get him out anyway.

Edited by skinz

It's a Greenstar 28i Junior gas combi boiler, roads have got TRV's. System nearly 3 years old. Thanks

Combi boiler broken down and believe needs replacing. Looking for quotes to supply and fit new replacement unit asap - ie this coming week. Located in Hillsborough near the Wednesday ground. Please advise if interested.

Combi boiler broken down and believe needs replacing. Looking for quotes to supply and fit new replacement unit asap - ie this coming week. Located in Hillsborough near the Wednesday ground. Please advise if interested.

Could I suggest Corgigasman on the Forum he fitted a new combi for me top quality work plus he would give a free written quote which some don't do.