Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Yes, this is the type of info I need. Thanks for the replies-all good.

Just one question Corgigasman-when you say that the platinum 10 year warranty is available on the Baxi (as well as the 7 year), do you mean that to get the 10 year deal you have to pay extra but the 7 year deal is inclusive?

Thanks

Micky just answered above....duo-tec currently has 7yr, platinum 10yr warranty, no EXTRA cost, platinum is just more expensive

The 7 year deal on the duo-tec and 10 years on the platinum is open to members of baxi's approved installer scheme. the boilers are exactly the same it is just the name,warranty and price thats difference the boiler and flue on the duotec 28 is about £730 ex vat and platinum 28 he is about £850 ex vat so you chose whether you want the extra warranty, the only things to note are the appliances must be serviced every 12 months and the system flushed correctly. We are on baxi's website through find an installer and because we fit so many are on the top level of their membership so get the best level of after care so if you require a quote please call

Thanks

Mike

(Thanks Micky & Corgigasman for the clarification). Micky, when you say we get the best level of after care I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean Baxi "look after you" in some way?

(Thanks Micky & Corgigasman for the clarification). Micky, when you say we get the best level of after care I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean Baxi "look after you" in some way?

Baxi offer their installers three levels of membership which relates to how many boilers we fit, as we fit above 50 we get such perks as next day/same day service on any in warrantee repairs, a priority service line and access to the latest training or modifications to their products. We have been fitting baxi for over 6 years with very little problems when their has been a problem they respond very well, unlike some other manufactures, If we has our way we would only fit Baxi, But some of the major contracts we work on specify different brands of boiler and this is how we are able to compare aftercare !

Any boiler fitters working outside of Sheffield- and go to West Yorkshire (we moved from Sheffield about 3 yrs ago).

Think we may need to now bury our 12yr old Ideal Classic FF230 and consider the Ideal Logic+ (as was once recommended by SF).

The boiler is not firing up- was okay until 4pm today- tried off-on mains, whacked it few times (as once it came on that way)!

Thanks

Any boiler fitters working outside of Sheffield- and go to West Yorkshire (we moved from Sheffield about 3 yrs ago).

Think we may need to now bury our 12yr old Ideal Classic FF230 and consider the Ideal Logic+ (as was once recommended by SF).

The boiler is not firing up- was okay until 4pm today- tried off-on mains, whacked it few times (as once it came on that way)!

Thanks

I would be very reluctant to change a 12 year old ideal classic, they are generally bullet proof, It is only

the fan that goes in them ! Might be better if you put your exact location !

Thread merged with existing megathread.

Please use the search facility before posting new threads.

Thanks.

I would be very reluctant to change a 12 year old ideal classic, they are generally bullet proof, It is only

Hi Micky- we are in Huddersfield.

Would need someone coming out ASAP- ideally tomorrow morning.

Can send you address details to your contact number.

We have used CityWide few times (Dan) but not seen or heard from them for a while now- have they packed it in?

Thanks

We have used CityWide few times (Dan) but not seen or heard from them for a while now- have they packed it in?

Thanks

Would be struggling for huddersfield tomorrow got three of us all booked up doing repairs (can tell it went cold over the weekend). Not seen or heard of Dan for ages. With Times been tough at the moment a lot of decent plumbers are packing it in for 9-5 jobs. Try And PM steve aka corgi gas man I know he was your end of town !

Good luck

Micky

Thanks

Not sure what happended to Dan from CityWide. He may have moved onto some contact work. Contracting for Vaillant they think they own you and you have no option but to sign off your own Gas-safe card whilst working for them. seen a few of the guys move off here for a while whilst on contact work, perhaps Dan doing the same.

Agree with Micky about your current boiler. It will be a sticking fan that will just need replacing and is a doddle to fix.

Would be struggling for huddersfield tomorrow got three of us all booked up doing repairs (can tell it went cold over the weekend). Not seen or heard of Dan for ages. With Times been tough at the moment a lot of decent plumbers are packing it in for 9-5 jobs. Try And PM steve aka corgi gas man I know he was your end of town !

Good luck

Micky

Thanks for the heads up mate.

Will try corgi gas man.

Shame about Dan- was a good lad, hope he is well whatever he is doing.

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 20:51 ----------

Not sure what happended to Dan from CityWide. He may have moved onto some contact work. Contracting for Vaillant they think they own you and you have no option but to sign off your own Gas-safe card whilst working for them. seen a few of the guys move off here for a while whilst on contact work, perhaps Dan doing the same.

Agree with Micky about your current boiler. It will be a sticking fan that will just need replacing and is a doddle to fix.

Appreciate the feedback- Dan did change the switcher once as it was playing up so could be that again (as fan was ok back then).

Will try Micky's advise to contact Corgi gas man- or else it will be taking a chance with someone local.

Cheers

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 21:34 ----------

Just for peace of mind- if it is the fan, what should I be looking to pay for replacement and labour- as don't want to be ripped of by someone I am likely to pick out randomly.

Thanks

Hi Everyone, Im looking for someone to fit a room thermostat to my combi boiler- can anyone help?

Hi Everyone, Im looking for someone to fit a room thermostat to my combi boiler- can anyone help?

Same here :D