Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Mates heating system, boiler keeps firing up even with programmer turned off. Plumber who he had in 1st changed programmer, still same. I spoke to a plumber friend he reckon switch stuck on valve, sure enough swith was pemanently closed on HW valve. Renewd this, still same. I'm begining to think its a wiring fault but mate says its only been doing it for past 6 months. HELP.:help:

Mates heating system, boiler keeps firing up even with programmer turned off. Plumber who he had in 1st changed programmer, still same. I spoke to a plumber friend he reckon switch stuck on valve, sure enough swith was pemanently closed on HW valve. Renewd this, still same. I'm begining to think its a wiring fault but mate says its only been doing it for past 6 months. HELP.:help:

Certainly sounds like a valve stuck open. Simple to diagnose.....check S/L then trace back to find where live is coming from and then rectify....either prog/valve/stat

Andy or anyone who familiar with valiant ecotec

plus

Got no hot water or heating. Boiler says f75 on the front. Pressure is at 1

Anything I can do or is it a job for a gas person

Try increasing pressure to 1.5 bar first. But could be issue with pressure switch or pump not circulating properly and not bringing the switch in.

Hi Sam.

F75 in the service book points to pump fault or low water pressure. If ur boiler was a pro I would say pump and seals. For the ecotec it will be the water pressure switch. They are so sensitive to crud even with boilers with manga cleans fitted. A new one is 20 quid. That sorts the f75 in 90% cases. Then it's the pump. However, I also know that low pressure in expansion vessel can bring up f75 so get that checked as well as it costs nothing to top up if needed.

To get ur boiler going temporarily do this. Drain water off from a rad bleed point til pressure is 0.5 bar. Then open filling loop on full and fill back to 1 bar. The sensor is close to inlet so the blast of fresh water usually cleans it. Will still need replacing and also drain cleanser and inhibitor. If fitted clean magnaclean as well. Then fully fit for many more years

YES.....did what u said and its WORKING.....

Heat and hot water again.

Ps: thanks for Stevens number in pm. I'll give him a call.

YES.....did what u said and its WORKING.....

Heat and hot water again.

Ps: thanks for Stevens number in pm. I'll give him a call.

All part of the forum service..:)

Don't leave it too long as the sensor is worn and will pack up completely. When Steve replaces it he will also drain, cold flush, clean magnet, and inhibitor. I did install so doesn't need power flush as been done.

Andy

Hi I am looking for a plumber for my boiler I would want a quote before any work went ahead. We have been having problems for a while, the heating works fine but our problem is with the water, we have had to put the heating to have hot water for a while but the last few week we have had only cool water either way heating on or off, sometimes we have water that is slightly walmer but these occations are getting less and less and cold showers are not fun, I have been told it maybe a problem with the vaulve. Please let me know if you would be free to have a quick look. Thanks

Edited by Kerryann
Missed a word out.

Hi Kerryann,

Back at work today give us a call.

Cheers

Lee

I think the pump on my glowworm hideaway has gone, system is working fine, water is heating no problem but no water is running to he radiators to heat thm up.

Can anyone give me a quote for a new pump with fitting included?

I'm based up in Norton Lees.

Hi I am looking for a plumber for my boiler I would want a quote before any work went ahead. We have been having problems for a while, the heating works fine but our problem is with the water, we have had to put the heating to have hot water for a while but the last few week we have had only cool water either way heating on or off, sometimes we have water that is slightly walmer but these occations are getting less and less and cold showers are not fun, I have been told it maybe a problem with the vaulve. Please let me know if you would be free to have a quick look. Thanks

Hi sounds like it could be the diverter valve but cant be 100% until ive checked it out happy to quote you on doing the job next week cheers jon at JB Heating.

---------- Post added 27-12-2012 at 16:15 ----------

I think the pump on my glowworm hideaway has gone, system is working fine, water is heating no problem but no water is running to he radiators to heat thm up.

Hi if your having a new pump just stay away from the cheap stuff get a grundfos.

Pm sent cheers jon at JB Heating.

We can quote but wont be able to get until next week !