Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

its header tank fed and ive looked the tank is full and ballcock working, think the exit pipe might be blocked, do you know how i could unblock it. thanks

Mod Note

Merged with the megathread for Boilers and Heating.

Please use the search facility before starting new threads.

the header tank is full of water and the ballcock seems to be working, i think it might be the exit pipe that is blocked, does anyone know how to unblock it

I am after a new boiler fitting asap. I am in S12 area. Could any fitters interested in quoting for this job send me a pm ?

Hi we would be happy to quote you on your new boiler but it would have to be in the new year cheers jon at JB Heating.

I am after a new boiler fitting asap. I am in S12 area. Could any fitters interested in quoting for this job send me a pm ?

Very difficult to 'quote blind' but happy to survey your property, offer advice, discuss your options and provide a free written quote, regards, Steve

Happy to call survey and provide a quote for you.

Thank You

Adam

I have a Baxi Solo 3 PFL central heating boiler and the pump (a) generally seems rather noisy and (b) even when the heating has switched off, the pump keeps running for about half an hour - is this normal? Thank you for your help.

I'm all fixed, thanks to Leedman :clap:

Come on then....educate us.....what WAS the problem?

Come on then....educate us.....what WAS the problem?

Broken radiator knob, bloody British Gas engineer must have snapped it off and just put it back so I didn't notice :rant:

I have a Baxi Solo 3 PFL central heating boiler and the pump (a) generally seems rather noisy and (b) even when the heating has switched off, the pump keeps running for about half an hour - is this normal? Thank you for your help.

The pump overrun on a baxi solo is tied into the pcb through the central heating thermistor. So, your faulty pump is causing the boiler to run over more than it should as the heat is not disapating.

Replacing the pump will solve the problem. pump overrun should be for about 10 mins on the solo.