Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Told you would get some help on here!

Leeman, answering machine?

---------- Post added 16-12-2012 at 21:20 ----------

Jb how much am I looking at?

my hot water knob snapped off my worcs Bosch and a replacement cost just over £4 from parts centre behind B&Q Darnall

Yay! Hopefully it should be easily done then :D

If there is no fault code showing then it may be that there is no demand returning to boiler from external control/timer....easily checked by linking terminals 3&4 inside the boiler

Leeman is coming this afternoon to have a look, keep your fingers crossed for me it's something cheap to fix!

Hi, i am just needing some advice, i have got an airlock in radiators and the boiler wont fire up, i have tried bleeding the radiator but no air is coming out or in one radiator there is no water coming out either, i have a condensor boiler. I would be grateful for any advice. thanks

Check the pressure on the boiler, there should be a small clock it should be above 1.5. if it is below this then there should be an outlet valve which you turn this lets the pressure go back up when it reaches around 1.5 turn it back to original position. Not sure if it is the same on the boiler you have but you can try. Good luck

is it a combi boiler?

if it is the pressure gauge should be 1bar when cold ie heating not on.

How do you no there is an airlock?

the pump could be jammed or the the auto airvent above the pump gathering air (inside the boiler casing).

Happy to help

Adam

sorry misread your post

check the valves are open under the boiler and the pressure is is registering if its a combi.

if you have tanks, check it has water in it.

Edited by a.tweed
miss reading

no its not a combi boiler ,and a couple of weeks ago i bled a radiator upstairs and it wouldnt come back on til next day, did the same last night and it hasnt come back on this morning, at least 2 radiators upstairs there is no air or water coming out but the downstairs ones are ok.

---------- Post added 19-12-2012 at 12:33 ----------

also, the boiler does initially fire up for about 30 secs or so like its going to come on but then closes down again, it is a condensor boiler.

Edited by tj68

ok

is the heating pressurised though? or tank fed?

check pressure or that there is water in tank if its gravity fed.

as there is either a blockage or no water to upstairs radiator.

Sounds like faulty or stuck ball valve in central heating header tank or blocked cold feed.