Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

It's not a combi boiler, but I'll try

---------- Post added 16-12-2012 at 19:46 ----------

Nothing :(

Is the electricity to the boiler switched off? A fused spur switch?

If you have a programmer & wall thermostat, are they in the correct positions and 'calling for heat'?

Other than that, sorry, can't help now, would be out of my depth, just tried to help thro' the basics.

But there are a few helpful guys on here who will help.

Good luck

Wall thermostat at 21, Boiler has elec as the digital display is still on.

I appreciate your help, but I have a feeling it's going to be a rather costly job, that's just my luck :'(

Wall thermostat at 21, Boiler has elec as the digital display is still on.

I appreciate your help, but I have a feeling it's going to be a rather costly job, that's just my luck :'(

Hi does your boiler have a pilot light or is it electronic ignition, what boiler do you have?

Cheers Jon.

Posting on behalf of a friend whose boiler is on the blink with 3 young kids in the house. Hoping it's something simple. The manual is missing

Boiler ignition wont light, knob for radiator thermostat on boiler has come off. Not sure if two problems are related but has left us without heating since yesterday. Model 415 valiant ecotec

Does anybody have any idea what to check before going to the expense of a call out please? :help:

When did the control knob come off did it snap when you turned it?

Wondering if its turned down on the stat that goes to the pcb but as you have no control knob you won't know cheers Jon.

I found it on the floor so guessing the kids did it, either that or the gas engineer when he came out to fit the meter Friday evening

Strix said 'no heating since yesterday'. Assume it WAS working when gas meter guy left?

Do you have other gas appliances, are THEY working?

Yep oven rings working.

He left around 8, the rads were warm when he left, only noticed that the rads weren't on the following morning...

Hi Peaches,

Give us a call and I will talk to you about your issue and get some details of the system and give you any advise I can.

Phones always on.

Cheers

Lee

I bet the thermostat knob has been snapped on the spindle where it enters the board, I've only just seen this the other week and had to supply and fit a new thermostat control knob.

Leeman, answering machine?

---------- Post added 16-12-2012 at 21:20 ----------

Jb how much am I looking at?