Big thankyou to Rain Rescue ..We got a new doggy :)

I just wanted to post a BIG thankyou to Rain Rescue for giving us the pleasure of rehoming a lovely new doggy today :love:

His name is Robbie and he's a beautiful heinz 57 with the most adorable face and temperament.

We lost our old girl Bonnie a month ago. We'd had her 15 years and she was 17 yrs old. I had decided that we wouldn't have another doggy for a couple of years but our home felt so empty :(

We saw Robbie on the Rain Rescue website and all fell in love. My 6 year old daughter, husband and I knew straight away he was the doggy for us!

After filling in the pre adoption form and having a rather lovely phone conversation with his foster Mummy, I was certain he would be coming home with us :) I even bought him an advent calendar in anticipation!

Well, we met him today and were smitten!!

He came home with us and he's had quite a busy day bless him. He's settled right in and we just know that he will bring us lots of happiness :)

Please please please support Rain Rescue in any way you can. I saw 1st hand today the work that they do and I came away in awe.

Thank you for giving us the absolute joy of being Robbie's new forever home :love:

What a fantastic message! I hope you, your family and Robbie have many happy times ahead of you. Rain Rescue are indeed, magnificent!

I`ve seen Robbie on Rain Rescues website and he`s a little beauty bless him. I adopted my doggy from Rain just over a year ago and he`s given us so much pleasure. They do a great job don`t they and such a relaxed atmosphere for the dogs. I hope you have many years of happiness with Robbie :):love::love:

Oh thank you- what a lovely lovely message to spur us all on. Thats so kind of you.

We all just try - there aren't many of us - (even though today seemed a little hectic didn't it). Seeing dogs slot into their rightful homes like with you today - makes it all worth while. Its lovely that some people offer to foster our dogs - take them into their homes and their hearts and their resident dogs open their goody bags and let them sneak in - then loose them later on. I'm sure Robbie's sister Dexy (and mummy and daddy) will be missing him tonight - he was mad - but thats why they loved him.

By having dogs in foster homes sometimes - helps us see their characters more and helps them to adjust back into normal life and so makes us easier in allowing us to rehome them with familiies with children. I must say I was more settled once you knew he had done the 17 mile walk and wanted more - then I knew he was home.

Thanks also Jackie - you two also were made for that boy - he too found his perfect home with you didn't he.

Still another 10 here with us- lets hope they are just as lucky soon.

I have really felt for Dexy and her Mummy and Daddy this evening. My husband and Dexy's Mummy have exchanged text messages tonight which was lovely (I was at work 'clock watching' to get home to him :) I'm going to invite Dexy and her Mum out for a walk with us really soon.

I love that RobbieDog is an active little fella :) Just right for the epic walks he's got to look forward to :) He's currently passed out on the sofa with Ben :) He was really quite upset when Holly went to bed :) I can see those two being inseperable :love:

I'll be popping into the shop very soon with lots of lovely things for you to sell :)

Thank you so so so much. I'm so pleased that you were happy for us to take Robbie. What a wonderful addition to our home and family :)

I may be in a position to foster too in the near future. I know that hubby is keen!

Jackie, tell me about your little treasure x

Irene - Recue's like Rain are indeed wonderful x

What a really nice thread. Thank you for sharing MrsCarter! I hope this is the beginning of a wonderful friendship for you :) It sounds like the best life a dog could hope for!

Ahhh..what a lovely thread. I think Robbie looks like a for real Scooby Dooby Do :hihi:

(Saw him on Rains Website) Can we have some piccies of him in his new home?

Edited by spats

Nice 1 Mrs C - glad everything worked out for you :D I told you you'd get another doggie - it's just not the same when you suffer such a heartbreaking loss and then try and cope with no canine buddy :)

Lovely news, Robbie is gorgeous :D so nice to see this thread as well, Rainrescue do some fantastic work and deserve all of the support they can get to carry on.

I have really felt for Dexy and her Mummy and Daddy this evening. My husband and Dexy's Mummy have exchanged text messages tonight which was lovely (I was at work 'clock watching' to get home to him :) I'm going to invite Dexy and her Mum out for a walk with us really soon.

I love that RobbieDog is an active little fella :) Just right for the epic walks he's got to look forward to :) He's currently passed out on the sofa with Ben :) He was really quite upset when Holly went to bed :) I can see those two being inseperable :love:

I'll be popping into the shop very soon with lots of lovely things for you to sell :)

Thank you so so so much. I'm so pleased that you were happy for us to take Robbie. What a wonderful addition to our home and family :)

I may be in a position to foster too in the near future. I know that hubby is keen!

Jackie, tell me about your little treasure x

Irene - Recue's like Rain are indeed wonderful x

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g342/Jacqueline_Willis/P120611_1324.jpg

^

This is my little treasure from Rain Rescue, he`s called Rex and a little horror box but god do i love him. He`s spoilt to death i spend more money on him than i do on myself but he`s worth it. xx

Edited by Jackie2141

Met your Robbie up at the Rain Rescue shop, lovely and playful dog with such a terrible story. It is lovely to know he has gone to a great home :)

Always good to see a nice dog get a good home. x