West Yorkshire Windows

ford windows is great good jobs done always just dont ask for courtney hes an ideat ask for tony goddard say gary passed number on an you want steve an carl too do job if poss but all fitters exellent courtney office dweller

Is that the showroom that looks like a house overlooking Penistone Road, Neepsend? We were looking for double glazing and new doors about 10 years ago. I’d approached this from looking at the construction of the windows, so wanted to know the manufacturer of the pvc sections and systems being used. We wanted some large openers, and wanted to be sure the designs could cope. When I went there, they either wouldn’t or couldn’t tell me the manufacturer of the sections, which put me off, so we didn’t even bother getting a quote.

We finished up getting quotes from Sheffield Window centre, a company at Meadowhead (Yorkshire Windows? IIRC), and a smaller independent (I can’t remember the name).

We were most impressed with Sheffield Window Centre (although it was not the cheapest, there wasn’t much in it, and we had most confidence in their professionalism), and we went with them. As it happens, for the main front window, they made a mistake in measuring and so the panes were not correct – they fitted, but looked wrong, and not as agreed. They sorted this out very quickly and without any argument. (This WILL have cost them time and money, and WILL have hurt their profit on that job). Things can go wrong. The fact is that they sorted it out quickly to my satisfaction without any hassle, so I’ve absolutely no complaints, and would heartily recommend them.

As we were so happy with their work, we went back to them a little later for a new door (at the time of the windows, we hadn’t decided on the door we wanted). When they came to fit the door, they went around the house checking and re-adjusting all the opening windows and doors that they had fitted before, which I thought was good.

Granada double glazing on Sheepbridge industrial estate. Excellent price, product, installation and finish. 01246 261260

West Yorkshire Windows are a part of the Conservatory Outlet Dealership.

I had dealings with Greenway Home Improvements / Greenway, who are also a dealer for Conservatory Outlet.

I had problems with Greenway. I complained to the company, only for the fitters to become aggressive, the company threatened me, etc.

Could this be strategy by the companies?

My friend has just had her windows and doors done by West Yorkshire Windows. Absolute total disaster - do not touch this company with a barge pole. There is no customer service at all and they are very dismissive and they lie.

October now and still problems persist

West Yorkshire windows expect you to put up and shut up about their terrible customer service. When asked for a copy of their complaints procedure the reply from their general manager Colin McCabe was -

All complaints go through myself either by letter or email ([email protected]) I am the head of the company so the buck stops with me.(This is our complaints procedure)

How very professional :gag:

Edited by gene
update

yeap me too i had problems they didnt turn up to sort my doors out 3 times no phone calls to say they were stuck at another job.

i spoke to the manager and just got fobbed off,when the service guy did turn up he told me the boss didnt give a s..t and the company was rubbish !!!

everyone you speak to at the company is new and hasnt got a clue whats going on...

Please don't use West Yorkshire windows. They can't even fit the right window in the right room. Three appointments have been made for them to come out, three times they've failed to turn up. Don't believe a word they say, I've had every excuse in the book.

My friends problems still not resolved with West Yorkshire Windows (Conservatory Outlet) as they refuse to accept they have a valid complaint.

They have no complaints procedure in place at all other than that claimed by a man called Colin McCabe who claims he is head of the company when in fact his role is that of general manager.

He says -

All complaints go through myself either by letter or email ([email protected]) I am the head of the company so the buck stops with me.(This is our complaints procedure)

The whole thing stops with him because there is no customer care or service worth having.

Edited by gene

Have just had some doors fitted. Would never use these people again. Installations manager very unhelpful when doors were wrong or damaged before they even reached me. They also appear to have "shared" my details and mobile phone number with other companies and I am now being plagued with phone calls to have shutters or solar panels.

Avoid West Yorkshire Windows is the best advice I can give.

My neighbourn has just had two windows only done by Sheffield Window Centre. Worth getting a free quote

stay clear had a job done and

the windows steamed up still waiting for them to come and refit

Your glass should be under warranty for 5 - 10 years, if you check your paper work it should tell you there. The glazing company don't normally pay for the replacement glass and the glazing supplier will cover the cost.

Hope this helps