Davys in Sheffield - Paternoster Row

does anyone remember Davy's Bakery and shops in sheffield

Dav's bakery , I think, used to be just off Patternoster Row.

I used to pass the place on my way to work earl in the morning .

Their main shop was at one time in Fargate .

The smell of bread being baked in a morning from the bakery and , the smell of coffee being roasted at the shop used to permeate the whole of the are .

The aroma alone was enough to put pounds on .

does anyone remember Davy's Bakery and shops in sheffield

I worked in the offices on Paternoster Row. Lovely place to work, but the wages were low. I worked in the Punch Card room...really enjoyed my time there.

Yes, I remember Davies bakery and know people who worked there. Also remember the shop/cafe on Fargate. I used to love their crusty cobs, warm with butter.

I worked in what was called the sausage room men did all the butchery and sausage making and two conveyer of women weighed the sausage and linked them for packing at this time all the staff were issued with clogs with clog irons on the soles and heels evil till you got used to them then they were great to wear

I worked in what was called the sausage room men did all the butchery and sausage making and two conveyer of women weighed the sausage and linked them for packing at this time all the staff were issued with clogs with clog irons on the soles and heels evil till you got used to them then they were great to wear

Has anyone still got the recipe for their tomato sausages, I believe they used tinned tomatoes. They have never been bettered!

Has anyone still got the recipe for their tomato sausages, I believe they used tinned tomatoes. They have never been bettered!

yes they used tinned tomatoes I used to open about 100 large a10 tins every day plus linking polony and seeing to the skinless sausage

yes they used tinned tomatoes I used to open about 100 large a10 tins every day plus linking polony and seeing to the skinless sausage

Sorry, but that just made me laugh :hihi:

My mum worked at Davys in the bakehouse i think way back in late 60`s

It was haunted in that factory by a bloke called Les who was Murdered:suspect:

My father worked there for years and we lived in the flat above Davy"s at page hall for a number of years nice flat and area never got any discount though !:huh:

I think your mother worked there

It was haunted in that factory by a bloke called Les who was Murdered:suspect:

are you the pigeon that used to work at Greenland road as a driver :rant::cool::help:

My auntie Rosina worked in the café at Davy's on Haymarket in the 60's

are you the pigeon that used to work at Greenland road as a driver :rant::cool::help:

Mmmmm? not sure about that did work on colford road though:hihi: