How Many Different Bird Types Visit Your Garden?

We only have a small garden, but seen wrens, robins, blackbirds, magpies. Recently seen a couple of thrushes.

Blackbird, wren, wood pigeon, collared dove, blue tit, great tit, coal tit, willow tit, marsh tit, goldcrest, bullfinch, lesser spotted woodpecker (though not this year yet) greater spotted woodpecker, dunnock and a very territorial robin! :clap:

To add to the menagerie we have a lovely half grown fox visiting every morning,he hangs around below the bird feeders waiting for peanuts to drop his way.In the back garden its very quiet on the feeders since the sparrowhawk killed and butchered his second blackbird,beforehand it was swarming with life he has scared them off alright they don,t want to know!.:roll:

Edited by old tup

Also see crows, magpies and jays but they don't come on the garden really. Oh and the occasional owl is heard in the woods that my home backs onto !

A couple of years ago we were honored to have a whole family of greater spotted woodpeckers eating our fat feast, the 2 adults lovingly watching 3 young learning the joys of humans feeding them :)

Guest brownd95

We seem to get blackbirds and thats it.... Been putting food out during the winter.

Been feeding birds for a few years now and in my garden I've seen;

collared doves (pair), pigeons (pair), magpies, blackbirds, blue tits, sparrows, and a very cute fat robin:love:

This weekend is RSPB Birdwatch, go on their site and register how many birds you have in your garden in 1 hour.

we probably get about 15 different birds in our garden.

chickens (lol), blackbirds, robins, magpies, crows, pheasants, lapwings, swifts, i think we get housemartins, barn owls, sure ive seen a tawny once. something with red in the title which a walker told me about once, and many others.

i do have the advantage of having a backyard thats bigger than most people.

To add to the menagerie we have a lovely half grown fox visiting every morning,he hangs around below the bird feeders waiting for peanuts to drop his way.In the back garden its very quiet on the feeders since the sparrowhark killed and butchered his second blackbird,beforehand it was swarming with life he has scared them off alright they don,t want to know!.:roll:

I spend a fortune on bird food been feeding the birds all year round.....

I'm really lucky in that i get to see them all day every day(work from home)

But i would love to have a fox visit they do go on the field at the back of my garden,but garden is dog proof so foxy can't get in.....

Keep getting pheasants paying a visit for the bird food....

Old tup i'm jealous.......

Got over 70 waxwings in my front garden this morning feeding on cotoneaster berries.

Got over 70 waxwings in my front garden this morning feeding on cotoneaster berries.

Jealous. Green with envy. Lucky you!

---------- Post added 26-01-2013 at 21:59 ----------

we probably get about 15 different birds in our garden.

chickens (lol), blackbirds, robins, magpies, crows, pheasants, lapwings, swifts, i think we get housemartins, barn owls, sure ive seen a tawny once. something with red in the title which a walker told me about once, and many others.

I take you mean you have swifts and housemartins nesting on your property? A lapwing in a garden would be quite extraordinary - are you talking about a field?

I take you mean you have swifts and housemartins nesting on your property? A lapwing in a garden would be quite extraordinary - are you talking about a field?

yeh allover the house and buildings.

and yes a field, probably had 100 of them last year, which im told is quite a lot. we seem to be the hot spot for them.