How Many Different Bird Types Visit Your Garden?

Not in the garden, but I spotted a Buzzard on our way to Skegness last weekend, it was by the side of the A1 just as you join it from the A57. It was sat on the fence around 6ft from a crow and they were just looking at each other!

Yes the buzzard is also very common around the A57 Aston and todwick area

Edited by allwednesday

I had a little critter visit this year with a red feathered triangle on its head. It was sat swinging on cotton weed and pulling the seeds out.

I had a little critter visit this year with a red feathered triangle on its head. It was sat swinging on cotton weed and pulling the seeds out.

Sounds like a goldfinch :)

I live in Chesterfield now. I see quite a lot of birds visiting my garden, coal tits, blue tits, woodpigeon, collared dove, great tit, goldfinch, chaffinch (occasionally), goldcrest, house sparrow, starling, blackbird, song thrush, dunnock, greenfinch(occasionally), magpie, carrion crow. I've also had visits from less common garden birds such as redwings and fieldfare (in the winter), willow warbler, chiffchaff and a great spotted woodpecker! I live fairly near Holmebrook Valley Park and in April I went for a walk and spotted 15 crossbills in the line of pine trees just down from the pavilion! Was really impressed as I've never seen a crossbill before. I was all alone too, so it was very magical, just me and all these beautiful birds, its like my little secret! The only thing was, I didn't take my camera, so was gutted I didn't get any photos, as they were extremely tame and didn't seem to mind me being there, they were just enjoying tucking into their pine cones!!! I keep looking out for them but not seen them since, I'm sure I will again one day! xx Next wish is to see the elusive Golden Oriole on local soil!!!

Don`t know since I started up my sanctuary for stray cats.

Only kidding !

It's like a Facebook party out there today.

Loads of blue tits, great tits, coal tits and long tailed tits, a nuthatch, two greenfinches (first time this year), a robin, two goldcrests and a new entry on the list - a pair of chiffchaffs with a youngster in tow.

Must be the weather!

some years back my brother did a bird in a tree does that count

Please excuse my late contribution to this thread. My species total (over several years) is currently standing at 60. But that includes those seen (or heard) from the garden as well as in it, which is the accepted practice amongst keen birdwatchers.

Good birds I've seen from the garden include Osprey (just lucky I was letting the cat out when a migrating individual just happened to be flying over!), Red Kite & Waxwing (sitting on a neighbour's tv aerial).

Less common birds that we regularly see in the garden include Redpoll & Siskin (most weeks outside breeding season) and Brambling, Redwing & Fieldfare in the winter months. Noteworthy birds I've seen occasionally include Treecreeper, Reed Bunting & Chiffchaff.

We live on a housing estate but surrounded by farmland on the edge of the Peak District.

Edited by Paul_

Last winter we had a flock of about 20 Goldcrests which stayed for around 3 days. We also get some Greenfinch and a ton of the usual stuff

ive got a carrier bag full of photos and a detailed book that my dad wrote detailing what birds and other creatures visited his garden over a few years

gonna find somewhere where they maybe of interest of local natural history

Sounds interesting, hope you find a good home for them.

I've had loads of goldfinches most of the year! around ten at a time but they tend to Perch up on the tv aerial it could be because of the local cat population.

Edited by allwednesday