Concessionary ticket abuse at the Lane

I’ve not been to the Lane for years so I don’t know how this works, but it seems there “may” be widespread ticket abuse from some of United’s fans.

Whilst this doesn’t surprise me (gate receipts don’t reflect attendances), I am surprised at how lax this appears to be with adults commonly going in on child tickets, and from now on concession checks are to be undertaken.

The thread on the United Forum makes interesting reading with a large number of supporters openly admitting to doing this, and justifying it with the club getting more money than they would do as they can’t afford the normal prices.

Am I right in assuming the system is automated, if so it does appear to have taken a long time for the club to realise what’s happening and to do something about it.

http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/20121129-concession-checks-in-place-422834.aspx

They've known about it from day one, and have done checks before.

Who cares, i'm from the MASSIVE side..

I’ve not been to the Lane for years so I don’t know how this works, but it seems there “may” be widespread ticket abuse from some of United’s fans.

Whilst this doesn’t surprise me (gate receipts don’t reflect attendances), I am surprised at how lax this appears to be with adults commonly going in on child tickets, and from now on concession checks are to be undertaken.

The thread on the United Forum makes interesting reading with a large number of supporters openly admitting to doing this, and justifying it with the club getting more money than they would do as they can’t afford the normal prices.

Am I right in assuming the system is automated, if so it does appear to have taken a long time for the club to realise what’s happening and to do something about it.

http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/20121129-concession-checks-in-place-422834.aspx

TBH as is said its gone on for years, the one thing that's helped it grow is that they got rid of men on the turnstiles. They could check tickets and route people out, I'm not condoning it one bit.

Just ask yourself if you could do it, would you?

This is probably why Wednesday are having a poor season.

You're obese ?

Not quite as big as the gob on thee:hihi::hihi:

Not quite as big as the gob on thee:hihi::hihi:

Funny bugger, almost had me in floods that. ;)

Here you go again, obsessed on all issues United, missing in action all week after another loss, and unwilling to comment on the thread that should have been of interest to you !! a thread on important financial matters involving your own club!!!!! OBSESSED !! ITS A FACT

Here you go again, obsessed on all issues United, missing in action all week after another loss, and unwilling to comment on the thread that should have been of interest to you !! a thread on important financial matters involving your own club!!!!! OBSESSED !! ITS A FACT

If he wishes to post about things united, then that is his prerogative.

If he wishes to post about things united, then that is his prerogative.

That's what I love about this site, until I came on here I would have NEVER posted anything in connection with the Owls. I feel that on here you can mostly have a measured conversation with folk, okay sometimes we do get heated but yes I love it.

It has made me open up my horizons on discussing S6 matters, I can now stand up at meetings and say "I'm Pete I discuss both teams on the forum" :hihi: