Bird of Prey in Fir Vale

Whilst driving down Earl Marshall Road today I spotted a large bird of prey in the grounds of Fir Vale School, it looked very much like a Common Buzzard but could be something a bit more exotic that's escaped captivity. Anyone else seen this bird on their travels in S5?

Whilst driving down Earl Marshall Road today I spotted a large bird of prey in the grounds of Fir Vale School, it looked very much like a Common Buzzard but could be something a bit more exotic that's escaped captivity. Anyone else seen this bird on their travels in S5?

Not seen any in S5, but it's perhaps more likely to be a red kite Stan. Can you try and describe it a bit more fully?

Not seen any in S5, but it's perhaps more likely to be a red kite Stan. Can you try and describe it a bit more fully?

Definitely not a Red Kite, looked at a few pictures online and it did look like a Common Buzzard.

Definitely not a Red Kite, looked at a few pictures online and it did look like a Common Buzzard.

Well, no good reason why it shouldn't be I suppose. Nice sighting!

Well, no good reason why it shouldn't be I suppose. Nice sighting!

I'm not so sure Halibut, what's a Buzzard doing in a schoolyard in the middle of a city?

Was it a religious school ? it may have been preying. :D

I'm not so sure Halibut, what's a Buzzard doing in a schoolyard in the middle of a city?

Maybe taking a pause in a long flight somewhere? Not sure really. Is there any woodland or other habitat near there maybe?

Could have been a Nun,,,,,,,,,,,,,they are big birds of pray.

:hihi:

... another one that's flown over everyones head!

(Have you ever asked yourself "Why do we bother?") :(