Can an aromatherapist please help with my skin?

Hi

I am after a aromatherapist who can possibly help with my nightmare skin please? If possible I am interested in making my own skincare to help with my skin needs.

Thanks

I would have thought that you would do better with a properly trained dermatologist that a quack "pong-doctor."

If you want actual help then a dermatologist is for you.

To make sure your aromatherapist is ACTUALLY helping get some scientific peer reviewed evidence, no anecdotes allowed, before you go through with paying them money. Don't hold your breath though

That is the point though, I am sick of seeing doctors etc who always prescribe creams/lotions and everything else with loads of chemicals that eventually can damage and irriate the skin. Products are either loaded with so many chemicals or can be very irritating. Essential oils in base oils are natural and upon research not very irriating if used properly.

you did know oils are also chemicals? Everything has chemicals.

those essential oils also are not prescribed so aren't effective for what ever problem you have. See a trained professional not some asshat who has no training in diagnosing skin conditions. OR see a trained professional and then you can disregard what they say and opt for an untrained witch doctor. either way see a trained professional

---------- Post added 30-11-2012 at 14:47 ----------

I must add, do these nasty chemical based products go against your homepage being a skin care seller? you should know it doesn't go to your seller page so try and fix that before you convince others that essential oils are better than prescribed medicine

One of the key, documented issues with the essential oils that the aromatherapy charlatans use is skin irritation.

The best you could hope for would be that your complaint would get no worse.

I discovered this in a couple of minutes. Why do people not research these Mickey-Mouse “cures” before considering them?

because CHEMICALS

new fangled made up formulas that sound sciencey for skin care treatment at boots is easier than going to the doctors, plus you have it explained to you on the tv with videos which makes you understand SCIENCE of the magic formula.

hocus pocus industry has scam artists that know how play people

I am not an aromatherapist but I can tell you the latest research advises to use sunflower oil as the base oil (not olive oil as it breaks down the Stratum Corneum allowing allergens to penetrate the epidermis causing irritation. My favourite oil which is used in many expensive wrinkle creams is argan oil. You need to buy it from a reputable source though as many people mix it with olive oil and sell it as pure argan.

[uncle-tony]

pretty polly, there's some good if sometimes aggressive advice up above from regular folk who have probably seen it all before. Quack aromatherapy won't be of any use unless you buy into the placebo (which you might).

Before you try yet another chemical, have you tried doing nothing for a few months? You might be surprised.

[/uncle_tony]

That is the point though, I am sick of seeing doctors etc who always prescribe creams/lotions and everything else with loads of chemicals that eventually can damage and irriate the skin. Products are either loaded with so many chemicals or can be very irritating. Essential oils in base oils are natural and upon research not very irriating if used properly.
Good grief! :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 30-11-2012 at 22:24 ----------

I am not an aromatherapist but I can tell you the latest research advises to use sunflower oil as the base oil (not olive oil as it breaks down the Stratum Corneum allowing allergens to penetrate the epidermis causing irritation. My favourite oil which is used in many expensive wrinkle creams is argan oil. You need to buy it from a reputable source though as many people mix it with olive oil and sell it as pure argan.
And this 'latest research is... ? :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 30-11-2012 at 22:30 ----------

Hi

I am after a aromatherapist who can possibly help with my nightmare skin please? If possible I am interested in making my own skincare to help with my skin needs.

Thanks

You're barking up the wrong tree petal. I would offer advice, but I'm guessing that the reason you're seeking quackery is the same reason that will prevent you from accepting facts, and so I will not waste my time with you. Sadly, you are where you are, and I doubt whether you can be helped. I doubt whether you want to be helped. Nobody can help you, especially not an aroma 'therapist'!

What is wrong with your skin? Have you had any diagnosis of a skin condition? Have you had any allergy testing?

Aleksandr

The latest research was done by the dermatology department at Sheffield Children's Hospital Trust 2012. (on adults though, not children)