Ellesmere and Burngreave schools

I went to Burngreave Middle school until about 1972 I think and then I travelled to Ashleigh at Gleadless as I didnt want to go to Hinde House or Earl Marshall.

I remember Rudolph and Janet Thompson, Leah Naylor and the Grossett family.Hycinth and Martin James (who was good at maths and lived on Malton Street with his brothers)

Anyone know what happened to any of them?

My friend was Susan Barber and we went dancing together.

I went to Burngreave Middle school until about 1972 I think and then I travelled to Ashleigh at Gleadless as I didnt want to go to Hinde House or Earl Marshall.

I remember Rudolph and Janet Thompson, Leah Naylor and the Grossett family.Hycinth and Martin James (who was good at maths and lived on Malton Street with his brothers)

saw janet thompson in a pub on west street before chrimbo. had a little chat. she was a couple of years below me but i like to think we were pals from the 1970's pitsmoor days.

saw janet thompson in a pub on west street before chrimbo. had a little chat. she was a couple of years below me but i like to think we were pals from the 1970's pitsmoor days.

Really ?What is she like now?

Did you go to Burngreave then?

Really ?What is she like now?

Did you go to Burngreave then?

still as chatty as she was back then. our parents were friends with each other and we all moved up to the longley area from pitsmoor mid 70's.

and yes i was at burngreave for 2 years 1970-72.

Hi Foxxy, Yes I am almost certain the very tall lad was Vincent Kennady, if my memory serves me kindly he was a Catholic, he did live around the tea Garden Terrace area, Can you recall Ruth Pickles, or Ann Leybourne from that area Sidney thorpe is also a name from that era, You would not recogonize the area now, how long you been in Wales?

still as chatty as she was back then. our parents were friends with each other and we all moved up to the longley area from pitsmoor mid 70's.

and yes i was at burngreave for 2 years 1970-72.

Were you in Janet Thompsons and my year then?

Were you in Janet Thompsons and my year then?

no i think i was year above janet or maybe 2. left in 76 earl marshall. mrs smith was our form tutor at e,m.

no i think i was year above janet or maybe 2. left in 76 earl marshall. mrs smith was our form tutor at e,m.

Ah, I went on to Asleigh at Gleadless

i went to ellesmere road infants and juniors from about 1960 to 1966, lived on grimethorpe road. can remember both dave and steve warmsley,dave torr, bernard wylde, jeff leggitt, dave johnson, trevor thornhill,laddie kazmarcek,tony wagstaff,dave dagenheart, alex jancofski etc etc

I take it that this is Ron S

Espadrille.

I can tell you what happened to Martin James (and I am still good at Maths). I left Sheffield to Bradford Uni and then have worked overseas as a Project Manager on some large projects, including Taipei 101 which was 'til recently the world's tallest building. Somehow I made contact this year with Susan Barber who was my first kissee (if such a word exists). I also remember Rudolph Willis smacking me for daring to like a girl he liked himself. It didn't make sense to argue with Rudolph though. Strangely I remember still being friends with hims and even helping him with homework. His Mum was a terrific lady.

Anyway Martin James, for I am still he, is currently in Martinique enjoying the sunshine as the Developers Rep for the Pointe Simon project (have a search for it) which will be the new "modern" part of this Caribbean island.

Hope life has treated you well and I well understand why HH or EM didn't appeal. I went to HH. I did become Head Boy though so it couldn't be all bad.:thumbsup::cool:

I too went to all saints infants and junior school then on to Burngreave boys

I am called Steve Walmsley can you remember me . I was brought up on Edgar street with my brother David.I had a so called mate calledTerry -Edwards (Eddy) who was a bully at school ,he went on to be a petty criminal.

I remember the teachers names vividly and the good & bad times i had

I was born at 6 harleston st i used to work at mortons shop i was the cellar boy with Robert Allen (top guy) I knew your Mother and your David you were a bit older then me i seem to remember you joining the forces

Good chance we lived on Petre Street and Steve lived near us I remember Steve being a good runner (800 metres)

If my memory is still working its spelt Kaczmarczyk there was Susan Robert Lady a good friend for years Donald & Steven