Ellesmere and Burngreave schools

Hi LyndseyS

I cannot ever remember meeting her sister Edna my relationship with Eileen was very brief I was 14 or 15 at the time such a long time ago . I remember where they lived on Carlisle St that's about it.

Thank you so much. Do you think you might recall someone who may have known the family? Also did an Andras Radai live near or Josephine Guilfoyle? Do you recall these names?

---------- Post added 23-03-2016 at 07:10 ----------

Hi LyndseyS

I cannot ever remember meeting her sister Edna my relationship with Eileen was very brief I was 14 or 15 at the time such a long time ago . I remember where they lived on Carlisle St that's about it.

So sorry to keep asking questions, do you remember any West Indian families living near Carlisle st?

Thank you so much. Do you think you might recall someone who may have known the family? Also did an Andras Radai live near or Josephine Guilfoyle? Do you recall these names?

---------- Post added 23-03-2016 at 07:10 ----------

So sorry to keep asking questions, do you remember any West Indian families living near Carlisle st?

Hi LindseyS I think I I remember right Edna marriage to Irish guy There was Mary Guilfoyle and a John Guilfoyle .I hope this helps by

Hi LindseyS I think I I remember right Edna marriage to Irish guy There was Mary Guilfoyle and a John Guilfoyle .I hope this helps by

Hi Dennis, yes she married an Irish man. His name was Anthony Staunton. They had two children but Anthony Staunton is not my father's dad. Do you remember much else? Edna is my grandmother but my grandfather is not Anthony Staunton. My dad and his brother were brought to Ireland by Anthony and shortly afterwards placed in an orphanage. My dad found Edna in 2001 and she told him over the phone that his dad was West Indian. She was coming to visit after they found each other and was going to tell him everything but she died a week after my dad found her. Do you remember Edna with a West Indian man? Trying to find my grandfather for my dad. We are hoping to find anyone who may know some information

Taffy124. I went to Ellesmere Road, you mentioned John Cutts and Joan Earnshaw being in your class, so you must have been in the class as me. Miss Duncan was our headmistress

---------- Post added 20-10-2016 at 00:06 ----------

I went to Ellesmere Road infants and juniors from 1945 to 1951, Mr Brownhill was my last teacher, Miss Barber took us swimming. . I have a class photo taken in 1951 and know most of them on it , hopefully some of you out there are of my age and will reply

---------- Post added 28-10-2016 at 23:23 ----------

Is Taffy 124 still on here, I am sue he was in the same class as me at Ellesmere Road . I left in 1951. Please if anyone has heard from him can you tell him to reply

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2008 at 3:41 PM, lazyherbert said:

No don`t know anyone on that photo.Just a bit before my time but I will show it too my brother who is a little older than me.He also went to Burngreave. I left in 1952.

That photo is ten years before my time at Burngreave but the man in the back row, far left is Johnny Holden, sports teacher.

Mike

Hi 

I am Ian Slatter can remember you and your brother Tony also Jonny Higginbottom who lived opposite you on Nevile Street also the following were in our class Edward Glossop Graham(Chippy)King his parents had the chip shop  on Nevile Street also Billy Burrows who went to Australia  Others in 4A Harry Theme  Mick Brocklesby Philip Deighton  Graham Askam Colin Twigg  Phil Hammond Graham Eshelby Jeff Stringfellow brother of Pete Stringfellow

On 20/08/2012 at 10:17, bossdogg said:

think shaun was at ellesmere to start then at hinde house sad i did not know he had passed away last i heard of janet she was a sister at northern genral hosi she was the first girl i snogged lol in her kitchen jimmy and frank went in the navy jimmy used to take his dog for a walk to the shops on shiregreen a few years ago .the school play was at ellesmere but i not got a scanner to put on here dennis collins was the golly - wog lol dont think it would be alowwed now lol happy days :D

I'm Dennis Collins  lol I thought I was dressed as a clown lol thanks for informing me lol 😆 😂 😅  how nieve we are as children my post is ten years late lol

On 11/07/2006 at 21:32, sawguitar said:

hi, i didnt say i attended Burngreave Boys between 1972-1975.

I started there about 1963 or 1964.Other guys in my year were Mick Barker,Geoff Cryer, The Stephenson Brothers ,Jimmy Gant,Mick Liversage,

Les Guest,Steve Clarke,Stephen Fletcher,Lou Morris Bill Mayres,Stephen Cerone,and many,many more.

I was at Burngreave School from 1963 to 1965 then i went to Hinde House i am sure Stephen Cerone went at the same time his nickname was 'Borneo' i remember most of the rest but they probably wont know me i was a shy fat kid and kept my head down was quite pally with Mike Liversage for a while. Geoff Cryer never believed i had an air gun BSA airsporter .22 cal and i remember Rob Kazmarchez my dad used to sell chickens on Abbeyfield road to the west indians