Ellesmere and Burngreave schools

Hi Stperte I was in a girl bedroom when her parents was at the pub nothing bad .I was reported to her head teacher miss yates so I got six of the best from miss yates.byyyyyyyyyyyyy

Hi Dennis,

If you are the Dennis Irons I am thinking about did you live on Carlisle Street

Just off Spital Hill.

This is Brian Hall we used to pal about together I spent many hours at your house.

you must have known my late husband les rushforth he had brothers peter and robert his sisters ann olga and christine rushforth les was a great man they lived on normanton st freeshia

My sister, Maureen, was a big friend of Olga. Unfortunately both are now dead.

I attended Burngreave from 1951 to 1955. I remember Miss Yates and her strap, which I never felt. There was also a Mr.Wild, Art teacher, who died from peritonitous.

Hi Fresia I have just read your message from a couple of years ago re- Les Rushford. Funnily I knew him as Lesley so the Les didn't ring a bell. I knew him when he was in my class at All Saints around 1945 to 1951 after we went to Burngreave he wasn't in my class so lost touch.

Hi There Left school in 1954 I lived at 33 Kilton st when I left school went to wokk at Langsett Cycles

Hi my name is Dennis Irons I lived at the end of Carlisle st across from Clarke fishing tackle shop .I was called the rag mans son I left school at 15 started work at John Bedfords Nursery st.Tony Hall sent me a message cant find away to answer him.names you may remember David Collins Gower st.Eric Whitley Clun ST Elwin Fowler Clun St Jack Cooper Peter St Noen Hatterly Edna Robinson Elin Hallsop Janet Flecher Allan Whitting Shila Whitting. There was a lad called John lived across from the pub Royal Oak on Earsham ST .The name John cuts rings a bell can anyone tell me where he lived then by for now Dennis:

Dennis, click on the box that says " quote" then add your message & it will go to "willieboy"

Hi Dennis,

If you are the Dennis Irons I am thinking about did you live on Carlisle Street

Just off Spital Hill.

This is Brian Hall we used to pal about together I spent many hours at your house.

Hi Brian how are you I forgot but I do remember you my word such a long time ago.Have you had a good life Brian. Plenty of memory on this site .I have had a wonderful life some up and downs 24 when I got married three children still living the good life golf 2 times week good health 74 this week byyyyyyyyyyy for now Dennis

Hi Dennis, Just catching up with messages. I noted you mentioned Tony Hall would he have lived on one of the streets coming off Ellesmere Road just before Petre Street started. I went to school with a Tony Hall, through All Saints Junior and Burngreave Schools. We used to meet up after school at the Ellesmere School evening play time, it did have a name but I've forgotten. Gordon

Hi Dennis,

Happy to here from you, Yes I have had a good life join the Army at 18 and did 22 years. We are about the same age I am 74 next March I married at 22 and had 5 children we have just celebrated our 50th anniversary. I remember most of the people you mention especially Eileen Alsop who was one of my first girl friends. Are you Still living in Sheffield we live in Tadcaster just outside York.

They were good times all them years ago.

Take care mate keep in touch.

Hi Everyone my name is Dennis Irons can anyone remember a boy called John he lived at corner of Earsham st and Gower St across from the Royal Oak pub thanks for your help byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

---------- Post added 15-10-2015 at 13:28 ----------

Hi again what I did fore get to say this was in the 50s byyyyyyyyyyy

Hi you mention Eileen Allsopp was one of your girlfriends. Do you remember her sister Edna? I would really appreciate if you contact me on here or you can call me on 0862588677 if so. Thanks so much.

---------- Post added 22-03-2016 at 12:05 ----------

Hi Dennis,

Happy to here from you, Yes I have had a good life join the Army at 18 and did 22 years. We are about the same age I am 74 next March I married at 22 and had 5 children we have just celebrated our 50th anniversary. I remember most of the people you mention especially Eileen Alsop who was one of my first girl friends. Are you Still living in Sheffield we live in Tadcaster just outside York.

Looking for any information about the Allsopp family. You did mention your girlfriend was Eileen. Do you remember her sibling? You can contact me on here or call 0862588677. Irish number thanks

---------- Post added 22-03-2016 at 12:18 ----------

Hi Brian how are you I forgot but I do remember you my word such a long time ago.Have you had a good life Brian. Plenty of memory on this site .I have had a wonderful life some up and downs 24 when I got married three children still living the good life golf 2 times week good health 74 this week byyyyyyyyyyy for now Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Did you know Eileen Allsopp?

---------- Post added 22-03-2016 at 13:04 ----------

Anyone know the Allsopp family?

---------- Post added 22-03-2016 at 13:04 ----------

Hi Dennis,

Hi, do you remember Eileen Allsopp?

Hi LyndseyS

I cannot ever remember meeting her sister Edna my relationship with Eileen was very brief I was 14 or 15 at the time such a long time ago . I remember where they lived on Carlisle St that's about it.