Ellesmere and Burngreave schools

Yes, we used to go in the burngreave club and social on a sunday with him and my dad after playing football, I can even remember helping him to move flats and carrying his furniture across the road

I used to know your Dad & Grandad , your grandad was a friend of my late father Eric Marshall, they used to go in the stanley street working mens club

I used to know your Dad & Grandad , your grandad was a friend of my late father Eric Marshall, they used to go in the stanley street working mens club

Not many working mens clubs about now, or proper pubs! My dad managed the gower arms and we used to go In there quite a bit, I presume you would have known my uncle rodger and their sister veronica

Not many working mens clubs about now, or proper pubs! My dad managed the gower arms and we used to go In there quite a bit, I presume you would have known my uncle rodger and their sister veronica

I knew Trevor used to manage the Gower, i used to see him in the Burngreave WMC&chat to him about football, was your uncle Rodger the one with dark hair&of stocky build ?

I knew Trevor used to manage the Gower, i used to see him in the Burngreave WMC&chat to him about football, was your uncle Rodger the one with dark hair&of stocky build ?

He had the same build and colour hair as my dad, you could tell they were brothers. If you saw two young kids running around that would have been me and my brother, he took us training with them all the time, I've got a photo of the team somewhere I'll see if I can dig it out

He had the same build and colour hair as my dad, you could tell they were brothers. If you saw two young kids running around that would have been me and my brother, he took us training with them all the time, I've got a photo of the team somewhere I'll see if I can dig it out

I dont know if i knew your Uncle Rodger ? Yes it would be good to have a look at the team photo&try to put some names to it

Hello Brett, the last time I spoke to your dad was in a pub in Barnsley before a Wednesday match. A pal of mine told me that he had a plumbing business or a plumbers merchants shop near Hillsborough Corner. Is that right?

For a friend, does anyone have any old photos of Gower Street ? There only seem to be 2 or 3 on the web mostly of the pub. Thank you

sheffsueme

Charlie you are spot on it was vince kennedy , i to still have the photos

from Scotland i was looking at them a few weeks ago,

the last time we saw each other was in franks shop you had just found

a way to dye the canes for the rods you made, at that time i was making split cane rods, wish i had a few now,I used to see your Jean since she lived opp my cousin on Kenddell rd always used to ask about you.

do you remember peter fisher he died two years ago,

hope you are keeping well , when i had my 65 , peter clark & stan rogers came it was a nice supprise best wishes regards keith ager

Hi back on this site having lost touch but now up and running with ipad. If Keith Agar is still reading this it would be great to hear from him. Cheers, Charlie Abbott

Thank you James, the info was for a friend, I think she has some of those links already but i'll pass them on. there don't seem to be any or many of Gower St houses.

i went to ellesmere road infants and juniors from about 1960 to 1966, lived on grimethorpe road. Can remember both dave and steve warmsley,dave torr, bernard wylde, jeff leggitt, dave johnson, trevor thornhill,laddie kazmarcek,tony wagstaff,dave dagenheart, alex jancofski etc etc

i went to ellesmere road infants & juniors from 1955 to 1961

kids i can remember terry wigglesworth,leslie johnson neville hiley, robert ross,david green,maurice bingham,goefrey heppel

girls janet burgin & irene lee :)the only teacher i can remember is mr smilley (scotish guy )

sorry if i spelt your name wrong

Hiya BOOKER i am guessing you might be Robert Booker ? remember the name well and all the other names you mentioned - I am Les Johnson, I remember Irene Lee - didn't she have a slight limp do to having polio or something as a child ? (noticed you put a "smiley" so maybe you know more.