Ellesmere and Burngreave schools

Hi,

Ref: The photo. I remember about ten of the faces but for the life of me, I can only give you two names.

The teacher in the photo was John Holden. The lad in the front row with the ball I remember but can't give you a name; however the lad sitting behind him was Albert Kelsey. Albert left Burngreave soon after that picture was taken and move the Central Tech.

Regards

Re the photo, can anyone tell me the name of the small lad 2nd from left on the third row in the goalkeeper's jersey? I feel sure I ought to know him.

Re the photo, can anyone tell me the name of the small lad 2nd from left on the third row in the goalkeeper's jersey? I feel sure I ought to know him.

I could be wide of the mark but I think it might be a lad we used to call:

Terry Somerset.

Regards

Anybody remember Brian Manning at Burngreave? I think he went to Woodside before going on to Burngreave. Guess he would leave school around 1953.

Hi there, I was in the same class as John Cutts, Janet Meek Raymond Edley Harry Steel, any one out there remember any of these people. I lived on Sorby Street next to Joe Lumbys ice cream mam

I left burngreave in 1952.Class 4 a.James Elmore,Doug Brown,Dave Valentine,Brian heighington,Keith Merrill,Brian Day,Brian?Maycock.

Hi there, I was in the same class as John Cutts, Janet Meek Raymond Edley Harry Steel, any one out there remember any of these people. I lived on Sorby Street next to Joe Lumbys ice cream mam

John Cutts is my god mother's brother - saw him in November at a family party and is well :-)

went to burngreave for 2 years 70/72. steve kakmarcek was in my year. a few names i remember steve (dutchy) holland, paul (danny) edwards, paul ayres, kevin greaves, richard lawson, stewart bowring, geoff waldron, dean creaser, clifford (gummidge) cambell, chris wilson, scott deakin, beverly bingham, diane steedon (sadly died) susan stevenson. and many more.

best time i had there was the week long holliday in paris round about 72.

Hello Bladebloke,just found this Megathread, it was Donald Kazmarczek not Steve,Beverley Bingham used to live in the Clun rd Club, i think she had a sisiter who won an ice skating award.I think i see Sue Stevenson shopping in town now and again but not too sure if it is her.I also see Beverley Neil boozing from time to time.I rememder stephen Hollands nickname as 'Leaflet' for some reason..not wanting to appear goulish but tell me about Diane Steedon please.

hi Mr Double, I,me not sure that steve kakmarcek was the younger brother of robert and roy (laddy) kazmarcek.they must be about 51-53 years old.We (the Walmsley family) lived on edgar street ,the one below Petre Street
It was Donald Kazmarczek !

went to burngreave for 2 years 70/72. steve kakmarcek was in my year. a few names i remember steve (dutchy) holland, paul (danny) edwards, paul ayres, kevin greaves, richard lawson, stewart bowring, geoff waldron, dean creaser, clifford (gummidge) cambell, chris wilson, scott deakin, beverly bingham, diane steedon (sadly died) susan stevenson. and many more.

best time i had there was the week long holliday in paris round about 72.

Oh, and Danny Edwards is the assistant Head of a school in Pocklington!!!

Hey up you lot, I've noticed the name of Laddy Kazmarcek mentioned a few times on this thread, top lad, from the same era what about Ged Wutton, last I know he moved over near Ecclesfield, lost track of him, I'd put him in my list of best blokes I'd ever met.

Shaun

I was at school with Ged/Jeds brother Melvyn Wooten of Ecco (Burnshall cres) try Melvyn on friends reunited if it's important to youm

Well where do i begin we lived on Edgar street (number 70) my mum was Hazel Gale

For me its was from 1966 to 1972 but my family lived on there a lot

longer. They where my Nan and granddad Flo and George Gale.

Me and my brother Daren gale lived next door to the Kazmarcek family.

my Nan and granddad lived up the road from us on Edgar street.

my granddad worked at Bramalls foundry on Peter street with my uncle Barry Gale. Remember few names on here Steve Sharpe Barry is still big pals with him

Steve's son is billy Sharpe (sufc).

P.S My name back then was Dean Gale.

First post. Just thought I'd stick my two pennorth in.

I went to Ellesmere between '65 and '69 and then on to Burngreave until '72 when we moved to Gleadless.

We lived on Lyons Street between Petre Street and Edgar Street. Our house had previously been a sweet shop which my dad closed because his kids ate more sweets than he sold!

My first day at Ellesmere was met with the sight of a boy having his mouth literally washed out with soap for swearing. Endeared me to that teacher no end!

I can't remember any of the teachers from Burngreave except for a Canadian woman who married one of the other teachers whose name was similar to hers. In fact I can't remember them either.

Methinks I'll go back to me tin of John Smiths.