Ellesmere and Burngreave schools

Hi there Capricorn, what year was the football photograph? I knew Beryl Pass she lived on the same street as me.

i left burngreave in 1959.had a very strict head teacher miss yates she retired the day i left school.was not allowed to speak to any of the boys who was in a seperate part of our school.

Hi there Capricorn, what year was the football photograph?

Hello Taffy 124.

Have a look at the fair haired lad on the front row for a clue.

Hi there Capricorn, what year was the football photograph? I knew Beryl Pass she lived on the same street as me.

I knew Beryl Pass didn`t she live on Brunswick Rd. near Kilton Hill near to Pete Ellison.?I also remember Mr. Brownhill,he was a good layer oner of the cane.Ouch.

Hey Lazyherbert,

Do you recognise any one here?

Sav0008.jpg

Capricorn_11

No don`t know anyone on that photo.Just a bit before my time but I will show it too my brother who is a little older than me.He also went to Burngreave. I left in 1952.

:) Yes I went to those two schools, but left in Burngreave in '54, Yes Miss Yates was certainly a one on her own, sometimes think ought to be more head teachers like her!!!!!!! Did you live at Pitsmoor?

:) Yes I went to those two schools, but left in Burngreave in '54, Yes Miss Yates was certainly a one on her own, sometimes think ought to be more head teachers like her!!!!!!! Did you live at Pitsmoor?

No, in the Wicker.

Hi everyone, I just found out about this site and I'm having a blast reading some of the entries.

I have been living in the USA for the past 30 years and hoping to regain some of those old memories.

Does anybody know Albert Daley or Jimmy Oldham who lived near Burngreave?

In my 4th year at Burngreave, our teacher was Mr Haig and of cause the headmaster we called "HITLER"

I went to ellesmere in 67 then al saints and burngreve lived on thordon rd jeremy mills was my friend at ellesmere along with lesley ashden left pittsmore bout 73

Pressy (shaun).Being a new member the system wont allow me to reply to messages until i have more than 5 threads.Anyhow, we lived at No 17 edgar street,My parents June&Charlie ,my brother David, and me Stephen.We lived there fron about 1955-until the houses were demolished.My mother used to work at the corner shop at the junction of Edgar street and Harleston street-

Mortons it was called.I used to work there after school working in the cellar and filling the shelves when they were empty.

i rember mortons shop she was gray haired when i was a kid in early 60s left in 72 live on thorndon rd named wood then

Hi the very tall lad called Vincent was probably called Vincent Kennady

Hi Taffy, I have just read some of your memories of Ellesmere and Burngreave schools and are. My Name is Charlie Abbott and I lived at 95, Ellesmere Road with my Brother Les and sister Jean. I left Burngreave in 1954 and went to work at English Steel Corporation in the Sheet Metal & Spring Shops. I worked in there with a German chap who stayed here after the War. I also worked at Franks Fishing tackle shop on Attercliffe Road before going into National Service.

I cannot trace your reference to the Lad you refer to as Vincent Kennedy, which led to your reply above. I remember a very tall lad by the name of Vincent (think it may have been Kennedy) who used to knock around with us. We played footy on the bombed area just above the Tea Gardens. That was just at the back of our house on Ellesmere Road, I could jump over the back wall and be on the "pitch".

I went to Scotland with the school durin the early part of May just before the Queens Coronation and have pictures of us all. I also remeber a lad named Keith Agar (?) who lived on the right hand side of the hill that went up to Burngreave School entrance at the end of the school building. The other side of the road was demolished, bombed I think!

I hope you are still reading these and get this enquiry. Maybe you can fill me in with any memories you can recall. I live in St. Asaph, North Wales. Cheers, Charlie