Is it going to snow? 2012 - 2013 snow thread

Cars are going nowhere here (Hunters Bar) we are surrounded by minor roads and on a steep hill so no chance of them seeing any grit. Ours has been stuck since Thursday night.

Looks very pretty but I cant tell if it's stopped yet

The weather can do what it wants for me, I'm off work tommorow. :hihi:

So am I. I hadn't intended to be, but I've just stuck my nose through the curtains. It doesn't look like there'll be much moving for a while yet. I brought some work home with me on Friday, as this was forecast, so I can work from home.

However, if young miss Sundae's school is shut, I may feel it my fatherly duty to get the sledges out. Obviously I don't WANT to miss work:suspect:

:D

Does anyone know what the roads are like towards the city centre?ive got to get from S6 to Attercliffe in about an hours time.

Thanks

Does anyone know what the roads are like towards the city centre?ive got to get from S6 to Attercliffe in about an hours time.

Thanks

Most look clearish.....

Sheffield Traffic Cams

Cheers

Dave.

City Rd is clear so i reckon most major routes will be too. Boundary road is snow covered so no doubt many other major estate routes will be also, doubt the 56 will be running if that helps anyone. :)

My hubby has just made it in to work from Chapeltown-City centre but said it was a struggle. Cowley Lane sounds bad and 1 car has crashed there already and a lorry driver stuck at the bottom...rush hour is going to be fun and games! Take care peeps.

Thanks Dave appreciate it.

No worries.... I'm on nights in Doncaster at the mo so have a trip back over to Chapeltown in an hour. :roll:

Cheers

Dave.

Thanks

You'll be fine mate, i'm high up in S2 and i'd get through.

My hubby has just made it in to work from Chapeltown-City centre but said it was a struggle. Cowley Lane sounds bad and 1 car has crashed there already and a lorry driver stuck at the bottom...rush hour is going to be fun and games! Take care peeps.

I'll be coming down into Chap from the M1 at about half six-ish.... Hopefully more traffic will have cleared the road down a little more.

Cheers

Dave.

I'll be coming down into Chap from the M1 at about half six-ish.... Hopefully more traffic will have cleared the road down a little more.

Cheers

Dave.

Fingers crossed!

Started snowing again here in S12...im off to work now :(