Is it going to snow? 2012 - 2013 snow thread

Once we get the winter over can we have :

Is It Going To Rain 2013? - Mega thread!

Is The Sun Out 2013? - Mega thread!

Sad sad people :hihi:

Looks like the thaw starts Saturday typical end to weather like this a warmer front often rain preceded by snow.

Early this morning, Metcheck was saying there would be heavy snow 1800 to 2400 on Friday. Now they've revised it. It will be a lot lighter.

Yet Look North, have just issued an early warning for Friday night for heavy snow, I wish they'd make up their minds.

The Met Office still has heavy snow at 6 on Thursday. I'd take anything from Metcheck, who seem to have specific daily forcasts for 6 months in the future(!) with a massive pinch of salt.

Which is the best weather forecaster? I've got a meeting in Liverpool on Saturday that I really need to be at and I was planning on travelling over on Saturday morning.

Which is the best weather forecaster? I've got a meeting in Liverpool on Saturday that I really need to be at and I was planning on travelling over on Saturday morning.

When regularly travelling to and from Leeds a couple of years ago, I generally found Metcheck to be better than the BBC. However, see Lockjaw's comments above. Also, my earlier post said that Metcheck went from Heavy snow on Friday night to very little snow. It's now back to heavy snow.:huh:

All this time, BBC have not mentioned any.

Sorry, not much help.

Well, there's no more snow at the moment, but it's gonna be -4 tonight.

When regularly travelling to and from Leeds a couple of years ago, I generally found Metcheck to be better than the BBC. However, see Lockjaw's comments above. Also, my earlier post said that Metcheck went from Heavy snow on Friday night to very little snow. It's now back to heavy snow.:huh:

All this time, BBC have not mentioned any.

Sorry, not much help.

Copy from latest BBC local forecast for tomorrow

Friday 25th

Feeling colder in strengthening winds. Thickening cloud is expected to bring snow across the region later in the afternoon, with the snow becoming heavy with drifting after dusk.

apparently its warming up slightly now, the snow will go, the floods will come...