Is it going to snow? 2012 - 2013 snow thread

Hope the snow is done and over with now so we can get back to work ! :)

Doesn't look like it. Forecast is for more snow every day in the coming week and beyond.

I am out of milk so I have to go out tomorrow regardless.

Just about all gone now in Chapeltown

Snowing & settling again in Dronfield :o

Getting heavier in s2 too.

I hope we get another 6ft, slow the pace of life. :D

Just started again in Walkley

Its not gunner stop

Still snowing in Stannington and settling.

And today's award for alliteration goes to...

Well I am in Sheffield for a part of my 3 weeks of holiday over Easter and think that this snow and the issues that it is bringing is a complete joke. I have proper winter tyres on my vehicle which makes it easy to drive in this small amount of snow/ice and the temperature that it is now. Looking at the pavements then all it takes is for the home owner to clear the pavements outside their house and there would be no problem, but no its easier to sit on here/facebook/twitter/etc and whinge and moan about it.

Basically people of Sheffield stop being weak its not that cold in the grand perspective of things, the snows not that deep just clear it put some salt/grit down( yes DIY stores sell it the world doesn't owe you a living).

Yours a Expat visiting from his home in Germany and suffering in despair at the lazy attitude of people in his native City.

I tend to agree, those that can should try and shift the snow from their fronts.

I was out at 8:30 Saturday morning with my shovel shifting the snow off my drive and the front of the house.

I then went up to the end of Dowlands and started removing the slush from there to make it nice and easy for people to get off the estate. I even had one of the dump-it site guys come up to me and make a comment about it being me again all on my own shifting the stuff. To be fair, there were quite a few others on the estate doing the same, including a young lad who seems to love snow shifting.

Sometimes it's suggested that removing snow from footpaths/roads can make things more dangerous, because the water turns to ice. Yes this can happen, but having walked around the estate last night, footpaths where the snow hasn't been removed are now compact ice, whereas the footpath in front of my house is nice and clear (I also put a bit of salt down).

I spent just over an hour Saturday morning shifting snow, if all the other fit and healthy blokes had done the same then most of the footpaths would now be clear, instead of the ice rinks they've become over the last few days.

I'm sure the unemployed could spare a few hours shifting the snow.

Regards

Doom

I've got a funeral to attend today in Burncross cemetery....:(:cry::cry: