Is it going to snow? 2012 - 2013 snow thread

Middlewood Road North snow failing lightly at the moment and nothing settling.

coming down fast now in chapeltown, i love snow but being honest i have now seen enough, had the fun in it with the kids, now time for normality, plus i have a very important school appeal at 10am tomorrow, which i really want to get to

yes, we have sledged, built snowmen and snowdogs, done snow angels, had days off as school closed, lovely but now.

MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gritters went up my road 20mins ago and the snow is settling again lol

Gritters, they're rubbish. Obviously not doing their jobs properly. Most (on here) know that because they haven't even seen a gritter on their road.....EVER. Why do we pay our council tax when SCC can't even get the gritters on the road when everyone has known for like 3 months it's been going to snow. And don't even try to tell me they've contracted it out to some company called Amey who, despite appearing to be doing a good job, simply cannot possibly be as snow is still settling on the roads :hihi: :hihi:

Gritters, they're rubbish. Obviously not doing their jobs properly. Most (on here) know that because they haven't even seen a gritter on their road.....EVER. Why do we pay our council tax when SCC can't even get the gritters on the road when everyone has known for like 3 months it's been going to snow. And don't even try to tell me they've contracted it out to some company called Amey who, despite appearing to be doing a good job, simply cannot possibly be as snow is still settling on the roads :hihi: :hihi:

For the salt to work ,there has to be vehicles driving on the roads to crush it in . So obviously on a sunday evening ,when the roads are fairly empty , there isnt the vital ingredient to make the salt work...... ie, cars.

[/Poe's Law]

Exactly. Not only that, Salt prevents Ice from forming, snow can still settle. It slows it down but, still snow will settle. Just gone out an we've had about an inch in the last hour. Thanks alot Mr weather, now bugger off and pester someone else with the snow.

Sorry but I think the gritters have done a great job up to now our rd was grittd an hr ago but has a layer of snow on it already because no ones driving on it like someone previously pointed out...

What I dont get is why they dont put plows on the front of the gritters like they do in the US... Clear and grit, clear and grit