Is it going to snow? 2012 - 2013 snow thread

Apparently an exact replica of the snow from Friday could occur this evening, from rush hour onwards we can expect heavy snow showers through the evening an beyond rush hour tomorrow. Again 5cm on low ground and 10cm over 200m are highly likely.

I personally would have preferred this last night, I know some of you like your snow days but I have important work meetings tomorrow and could do with clear roads so sorry everyone but fingers crossed this doesn't hinder getting out and about in the morning.

It's back...

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Apparently an exact replica of the snow from Friday could occur this evening, from rush hour onwards we can expect heavy snow showers through the evening an beyond rush hour tomorrow. Again 5cm on low ground and 10cm over 200m are highly likely.

I personally would have preferred this last night, I know some of you like your snow days but I have important work meetings tomorrow and could do with clear roads so sorry everyone but fingers crossed this doesn't hinder getting out and about in the morning.

Is there a rush hour on a Sunday?

I

I'd rather we didn't get it at all . I can't stand the stuff :( The gritters are on our road now .

Edited by mrs patching
spelling

I'd rather we didn't get it at all . I can't stand the stuff :(

:confused: what is wrong with you ?

Last night the met office said heavy snow from 6pm today, it now says light snow at 6pm, getting heavy for 9pm. It also says that it's not going to snow in Sheffield just yet, not until 6pm. Erm....have they looked outside this morning do you think?

:confused: what is wrong with you ?

I HATE snow. It's HORRIBLE . Think you can get the message :hihi:

Well I just don't believe you are human, their is something wrong with you .....:o

Well i happen to think people who like the snow are not normal :hihi: . How can you like the dangerous conditions it brings and the disruption it causes.

It isn't Snowing in Jordanthorpe. I think the Metoffice got it right for Jordanthorpe :D

How id hate to have the same opinion as mrs patching.

The snow is beautifull and brings joy and pleasure to kids, partly because of the day off school and partly because of the sledging and playing out, which, if we are all honest, kids dont do enough of these days.

I wonder if mrs patching enjoyed snow as a kid?

As for the people who are too 'busy' to enjoy it, with important meetings and such then i think youll find that a phone call and an explanation works wonders, if whoever your meeting is with refuses to understand words like "stuck" and "cant" then youre doing business with the wrong people! It might be nice to think so but im afraid none of us are that important, believe me the world will keep on turning.

Then you have the day to work at home if you so wish or enjoy some time with your family and kids.

Personally i love the snow as it makes my garden look like everyone elses!!!

When the white stuff comes down and the temperature drops then do the only thing you can, "chill"!

Gives us all an opportunity to pull together and be neighbourly and nice to each other, you know, that attitude people seem to only get at christmas when they are off work and spending times with loved ones,it can last through the year if you dont switch it back off.

How id hate to have the same opinion as mrs patching.

The snow is beautifull and brings joy and pleasure to kids, partly because of the day off school and partly because of the sledging and playing out, which, if we are all honest, kids dont do enough of these days.

I wonder if mrs patching enjoyed snow as a kid?

As for the people who are too 'busy' to enjoy it, with important meetings and such then i think youll find that a phone call and an explanation works wonders, if whoever your meeting is with refuses to understand words like "stuck" and "cant" then youre doing business with the wrong people! It might be nice to think so but im afraid none of us are that important, believe me the world will keep on turning.

Then you have the day to work at home if you so wish or enjoy some time with your family and kids.

Personally i love the snow as it makes my garden look like everyone elses!!!

When the white stuff comes down and the temperature drops then do the only thing you can, "chill"!

Gives us all an opportunity to pull together and be neighbourly and nice to each other, you know, that attitude people seem to only get at christmas when they are off work and spending times with loved ones,it can last through the year if you dont switch it back off.[/quote

I dislike the snow for a number of reasons. Your comments about having days off to play with the kids is a lovely idea . Some of us cannot afford to do that and do not get paid if we do not work. As for helping neighbours i do it all year round , not just when it snows.. Yes life would be boring if we all have the same opinion . It is a forum after all , designed so that we can all express our thoughts.

I dislike the snow for a number of reasons. Your comments about having days off to play with the kids is a lovely idea . Some of us cannot afford to do that and do not get paid if we do not work. As for helping neighbours i do it all year round , not just when it snows.. Yes life would be boring if we all have the same opinion . It is a forum after all , designed so that we can all express our thoughts.

I have had days off to spend with my kids and I don't get paid for it, as long as they have a roof over their head and food on the table everything else is a luxury in my eyes, money can not give them the most important things in life.