Is it going to snow? 2012 - 2013 snow thread

Dunno about you lot, but if I see one more "reporter" on TV standing next to a car with some snow on it, I'll go nuts. The coverage on TV is overbearing.

"Outside reports state it's snowing. Over to John now, who has seen some snow. John...".

"Yes I can hear you, it's very difficult because it's been snowing and I have some in my ears. Here you can see some. It's very white. There's some on a car. Look. Really worrying. I don't want to alarm the British public, but frankly I have to urge all people over 65 to rush to their nearest supermarket or local shop and buy up all the milk and bread. Everyone else will have to do with crisps and water. So the headline is snow, and crisps. Also, I saw a cat. Back to the studio".

"Thanks John, we have an expert here who seems to be suggesting that moisture and the cold, creates snow. Wow that sounds really scientific. Should we be worried?"

"I'd say you should be bricking it Bill"

I mean, what else would they be filling these hours of TV with if not the pointless snow reports? Something decent that costs money I suppose. Much cheaper to send reporters out to point at snowy cars.

It's no wonder the country grinds to a halt when a snowflake drops. You get the Metro/Daily Mail telling you about "Siberian blasts" heading this way from September onwards, and how it's going to bring the country to a halt. Then you get hours and hours of this utterly idiotic reporting filling the public with FUD.

I dunno. Maybe it just underlines the fact that I watch too much telly. :D

And the BBC pulled A Question Of Sport for a special programme called "SNOW DISRUPTION" in capitals for effect.

We've won two world wars, had an empire, marvelled at the miracles of industry we have created and we get a bit of white stuff and it's the end of the world !

Sheffield City Council don't do the gritting.

Do keep up.

Amey are paid to do it for them. :P It says so on the link I posted.

Of course we all know its only deemed newsworthy because its snowed in London

Indeed, this is true.

And the BBC pulled A Question Of Sport for a special programme called "SNOW DISRUPTION" in capitals for effect.

We've won two world wars, had an empire, marvelled at the miracles of industry we have created and we get a bit of white stuff and it's the end of the world !

They should have called it "Snow news is good news".

Really? I've found the gritting to be top rate this year. The roads got a bit slippy when the snow first came down but thats to be expected, it needs to snow then be gritted on, then driven on to clear.

Thumbs up to Amey in my book

I agree. I've been driving around 60-70 miles each day this week and have had absolutely no problems the roads have been beautifully clear. My own road is like an ice-rink because it is just a side road but it shows what a good job the gritters have been doing to keep the thoroughfares clear. If we handled snow this well every time there would be no more need for the over dramatic news coverage.

Should change the tilte of the thread to, "Is it going to Melt this winter"

More coming this weekend into next week, let it keep piling up, one day we will get 1947 again, when i dont know:hihi::help:

Turning to sleet now, be gone by morning.... Still nowt in Chapeltown.

I can't believe the posts on here complaining about an inch of snow and the disruption.

It happens....get over it.

It's 12 inches deep here and drifts much higher.

The freezer is full.

The log fire burning and all is well.

I quite like the snow :) It reminds me of the snow we had when I was younger. I have wonderful memories :banana:

I am keen for my daughter to have fond memories of sledging etc when she is older :love: