Supertram priority

does anyone know why supertram gets priority over everyday traffic on sheffield roads ,

i know and i aggree but after 9am most people who use tram are going in town shopping ,roads after 9am full of people trying to work for a living but getting held up all the time by supertram

except all those people who work anything other than 9 to 5 of course....

to use public transport use the bus then people only use tram over bus cause busses have to que in traffic were has tram dont

Because the cynical amongst us would say that buses and trams are given priority in an attempt to convince motorists that trying to drive anywhere in this city is futile!

which answers your question....I use the tram because its quicker, its faster 'cos it has priority over other road users....

And even some light weight thing like a tram tends to take a while to stop compared to a bus/ car / lorry

s10 im not after an argument just saying i think its unfair how super tram gets priority over everyday traffic

Im not arguing at all...I just think that the Tram system is one of the best things about Sheffield's transport infrastructure :)

Trams are everyday traffic so therefore why should they not have priority ?

has anyone of you ever driven on gleadless road between 5pm and 7pm herdings and halfway trams crossing lights all the time .putting lights out of sequence . good half mile wait for townend traffic lights . gleadless lights lead to halfway ,waterthorpe,beighton etc mosbro township so if tram good for getting to city how come all the mosbro dwellers hold town end lights up