Hubby got me a soup maker

has anyone got any good recipes for soup please

has anyone got any good recipes for soup please

Wendy I make home made soup every week which lasts for a couple of days. I throw anything in, carrots,onions,parsnips,butternut squash,leeks and celery. After cooking, I also add a tin of either tomato or chicken soup to the homemade soup. Salt, pepper, dried mixed herbs, garlic and a vegetable stock cube and its delicious.

What I want to hear from you Wendy is what you think to your soup maker, as Im thinking of buying one myself. I make my soup in my pressure cooker, but understand that a soupmaker, also chops and then cooks the vegetables. Is this correct ? Maybe someone else on SF has a soupmaker and can advise us both ?

Hope Wendy comes back on this one and lets me know what her soup maker is like.

Soupmaker? You mean a pan, right?

Leek and potato soup - soften three or four chopped leeks in butter, add a handful of chopped potatoes, chicken stock and salt and pepper.

Simmer till done, eat with crusty bread.

A blender is different to a soup maker though !:nono::hihi:

I'd never heard of soup makers before so I had a look online. They look very much like blenders.

What's the advantage of a soup maker? I can't see it does anything that you can't do with a pan and a food processor, which most people will already have.

I've never used a soup maker but do make soup regularly, for a lovely rich and tasty vegetable soup try the following.

A stick of celery

5 carrots

Either a leek or a large onion

Half a turnip (I find that parsnips dominate the flavor too much)

A good hand full of washed spinach (optional)

A tin of baked beans (optional)

A tin of chopped tomatoes

Chicken stock with the fat removed from the Sunday chicken

1 chicken stock cube

1 vegetable stock cube

Black pepper to taste

A few chili flakes (optional)

About a pint of water

This will make a massive pan full of soup plenty to eat for at least 4 hungry people, just cook until the veg is soft and blend, its a gorgeous, tasty, rich soup.

I'd never heard of soup makers before so I had a look online. They look very much like blenders.

What's the advantage of a soup maker? I can't see it does anything that you can't do with a pan and a food processor, which most people will already have.

A soupmaker looks like a very large blender, but it chops the veg first, and then cooks the veg in the soupmaker straight away. So thats the difference. A blender just blends, but a soup maker chops, and then cooks all of the veg in the soupmaker, and then blends the soup afterwards depending on whether you want your soup smooth or chunky. A one pot wonder.

Edited by pattricia

////////////////////////

Edited by FACEBOOK

A soupmaker? Is a pan and stick blender too much like hard work?

A ROUND wheel, you say? :huh:

What is wrong with the trusty old square one we have been using all this time? :roll:

Cannot believe that after googling soup recipes for a soup maker that I ended up here, what I can believe though, is the replies that are on this thread.

Pretty pathetic really, but oh so expected.

@halibut. genius.

Soupmaker? You mean a pan, right?

Wendy I make home made soup every week which lasts for a couple of days. I throw anything in, carrots,onions,parsnips,butternut squash,leeks and celery. After cooking, I also add a tin of either tomato or chicken soup to the homemade soup. Salt, pepper, dried mixed herbs, garlic and a vegetable stock cube and its delicious.

What I want to hear from you Wendy is what you think to your soup maker, as Im thinking of buying one myself. I make my soup in my pressure cooker, but understand that a soupmaker, also chops and then cooks the vegetables. Is this correct ? Maybe someone else on SF has a soupmaker and can advise us both ?

I got a Murphy Richards Soup maker for Xmas and its the best thing I've ever been given. It cooks, chops and blends in one process, taking out the inconvenience of the different stages of the process. You literally just put all the ingredients in the pot together at once and turn it on. Its also on a timer so stops when ready. And there's only one pot to clean at the end. Simple.