Windmill nightclub Rotherham

Does anyone remember Roy Garnett, who used to sing around pubs and clubs, and was manager of the Windmill? Or, are you out there?

r you sure it wasnt roy garbut short fat man always smileing

Yes the name was Roy Garnet and the general manager before him was Eddie Buchanan and the assistant manager  Peter Guest

Some of the acts that appeared there Billy  Fury , little and large  Bernard manning, Dennis Jones Edmund hockeridge  and Sheffield favourites Ron delta Bobby knutt druggies brown Charlie Williams 

I was just looking up the address for the Windmill as I was born there in 1976. My folks ran it then. 

Edited by CSpence
Adding more information

played footy for them as a school kid,   had its benifits drinking Mansfield at 42p a pint, free ad admission to the night club. 1976-78.

Jimmy Wilson the scot bouncer .comes to mind  .

3 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Jimmy used to bounce with Trevor Tinsley now both dead last saw Jim in bradgate club playing snooker Trevor lived at Meadowbank and kept birds in his retirement both men mellowed as they got older but scotch Jim still Had a short fuse lol bless em both... 

yes knew of Jimmys passing was a great footballer, and a fair singer.