Better school in S4 or S5

hi

my daughter is 3yrs old now.she is starting nursery in jan 2013.some peoples in toddler group have said i should apply in the school for her.she is my first child.i am just confused .any idea on schools arround s4 and s5?

any advise or suggetion will be welcome

many thanks

I don't think you can apply directly to the school ( I may be wrong). You apply through the Sheffield council website. You should get sent a form through the post next September.

Thanks for your advice snowbird I will definitely search the council web tonight.

For a nursery you would apply to the nursery not the council. I've just been looking around a few for my daughter. You can ask to look around all local nursery's and apply to the 1 you feel most comfortable with. I would recommend Lindsay nursery or Watercliffe meadow both based in S5.

For a nursery you would apply to the nursery not the council. I've just been looking around a few for my daughter. You can ask to look around all local nursery's and apply to the 1 you feel most comfortable with. I would recommend Lindsay nursery or Watercliffe meadow both based in S5.

Watercliffe Meadow is where my daughter is now and son also went there and would highly recommend it.

Before you apply for nursrery you need to think about where you live and where your child will eventually go to school.

Imo it makes no sense to put a child in a nursery, attached to a school when you will have little or no chance of getting the child into the recpetion class.

Having a place in a school nursery has no influence on wheter your child recieves a reception place.

Not all nurseries are attached to school, in S5 there are a few, off the top of my head, The Meadows at Shirecliffe is good ( ofsted rated outstanding I believe). My youngest child went here from 2.5 -3.5. St Leonards nursery also has a good reputation.

S4, I'm sorry, can't help.

From my experience ( 2 children, both in school) I think it's best for a child to go to a nursery attached to the school where you want them to go. No point, I feel in having to chop and change them about.

My youngest went to nursery from 2.5yrs ( 1 day a week, see above) and while it was excellent, she found it difficult to change to a school nursery.

You need to go on the Sheff Gov website to find schools in your catchment area, you can type your postcode in and it'll tell you where your child *should* go. You can apply out of catchment area but you'll get low priority.

All this aside, not all children go to nursery, some start in reception, class (4/5). Education ( wheter in or out of school) isn't compulsory until after a child's 5th birthday.

Feel free to pm if you want to know anymore, good luck,

F-P :)

Thanks for all your advice.i am still browsing on schools and nurseries.

watercliffe meadows ofsted result was outstanding.