Sheffield Council - Do they take fixing pot holes seriously?

Ohhh quick to shoot someone down who ASKED a question, he didnt state that tyere was a law so i suggest you reread his post then say sorry for having a pop for no reason!!

And you aren't quick to have a go at every opportunity ae you? Pot calling kettle?

If you read both posts properly, you'll note that the poster asked whether there was a law and said they were sure the Council was in breach if there was.

My point was, how can you know someone is in breach of somethig if you don't even know that the law exists and if it does, what it says?

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 14:09 ----------

I though Planner1's post was remarkably sensible and not his usual pro-council cobblers......

Then he added the second part.

All of it is factual. You might expect nice smooth roads, but there is no statutory right to base that expectation on.

And you aren't quick to have a go at every opportunity ae you? Pot calling kettle?

If you read both posts properly, you'll note that the poster asked whether there was a law and said they were sure the Council was in breach if there was.

My point was, how can you know someone is in breach of somethig if you don't even know that the law exists and if it does, what it says?

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 14:09 ----------

All of it is factual. You might expect nice smooth roads, but there is no statutory right to base that expectation on.

That would be a first. You usually restrict yourself to being an apologist for your employer.

I'd very much like to see the evidence to support that statement.

The one that I can easily exemplify is response times to traffic signal faults. in Sheffeild these are done to the same standard that Highways Agency set for Trunk Roads.

Councils across the country collaborate and exchange information on best practice. They tend to utilise standards which are set by the Government. You'll find some here: http://www.dft.gov.uk/ha/standards/

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 14:15 ----------

That would be a first. You usually restrict yourself to being an apologist for your employer.

Care to point out any of my posts which you can prove to be factually inaccurate?

That is merely a link to the standards, it shows nothing whatsoever that quantifies your employers compliance rates.