Sheffield Council - Do they take fixing pot holes seriously?

do sheff council still tarmac roads seriously cause i drive for a living in sheffield and have never ever seen roads has bad has they are now

you may have missed the odd mention of the council having signed the biggest road rebuilding scheme (pfi) in the country just this yr.

when it eventually gets going i'd expect that we will get semi decent roads, at some cost however to the tax payer.

disgrace theese roads tho arnt they chris wheres our money going

have been for many years, the council have spent (wasted) a lot of money on other things in the hope they would be bailed out eventually, as it happens we are bailing them out by the pfi route.

well said are we still paying for the world student games or just wasting it even more on grit for roads cause they know they get slated big time if roads arnt clear

pfi money will make it better but its a shame we have had to suffer this council ruining it for so long. pretty certain that we've probably all paid enough in over the yrs to have had decent roads round here without needing to pay for it all again many times over.

i would love to know when they are going to start this roads upgrade as so far they have just done a few side roads on an estate, how about the main roads that we all use?? or are they just practicing at the moment!?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

i would love to know when they are going to start this roads upgrade as so far they have just done a few side roads on an estate, how about the main roads that we all use?? or are they just practicing at the moment!?

This link has been posted a number of times on this Forum, but for those who have missed it :

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/works/schemes/streetsaheadproject/works-schedules.html

This tells you when and where all the road improvments are being undertaken.

It's also worth doing a search on the Forum for the previous discussions, rather than adding to another duplicate thread.

it also states that they can change timescales at their own discretion, so that link is useless!!

the contract is signed and done, and the contractor appointed, its a massive project and i think we just have to sit and wait for it now. cant be any worse than it is now, there is a rumour that troops in afghanistan get a smoother ride on their roads :-)

If you want to see bad roads go over to Rotherham in particular Upper Wortley Road the large pot holes are a disgrace motorists having to weave all over the road to dodge them which one day will surely end in tears.