Woodseats Road sorting office

Woodseats sorting office actually has really good opening times. I think it's about 8pm on a Wednesday and its open until 2pm on a Saturday. There's always a queue, but it's a tiny reception. You could always get it redelivered to a Post Office, which are open until 5/5:30pm. I agree, it's pretty bad they didn't redeliver all the times you asked, glad it came eventually though!

Woodseats sorting office actually has really good opening times. I think it's about 8pm on a Wednesday and its open until 2pm on a Saturday. There's always a queue, but it's a tiny reception. You could always get it redelivered to a Post Office, which are open until 5/5:30pm. I agree, it's pretty bad they didn't redeliver all the times you asked, glad it came eventually though!

yep late opening on a Wednesday!:)

Might be a silly question but does anyone know whether Woodseats sorting office will be open on bank holiday Monday? Thanks.

Non of them will

How's about this for an idea.

If you order a parcel, either make sure you're in to receive it or make arrangements to have it left somewhere safe. It's not difficult is it.

Posties don't want to spend time knocking and writing out cards, we just want to get rid and be on our way.

How about you deliver my post into my house and not on my doorstep? I am fed up of Royal Mail chucking my post into the porch (unsecured) to my house when there is a letter box staring them in the face. How many bank cards have to go missing?

If I order something and I actually know when it's due I will make sure someone is there to receive it for the most part but my post being dumped on the doorstep is NOT acceptable. I have actually found it in the road on occassions because it's been a windy day, it gets dumped and it';s blown to wherever.

It's a letter box which means you put letters through it. To quote you - 'It's not difficult is it'?

The postman tried to deliver a parcel to me on the 13th but I wasn't in so I arranged for a redelivery which was supposed to come on Saturday 17th.It didn't so I tried ringing woodseats sorting office but either its engaged or a message comes on saying "No one can take your call and you cannot leave a message"I kept trying through the week at all different times but it's always the same.So I arranged another redelivery online which should have come today but again it hasn't so I just wondered if anyone is aware of any problems with that delivery office or if anyone knows of a different contact number besides the 2551175 oneThanks
No contact number but certainly problems. One day last summer I stayed in all day for an online booked redelivery but again it was a no show. And again...then again....went in and got it eventually.

How about you deliver my post into my house and not on my doorstep? I am fed up of Royal Mail chucking my post into the porch (unsecured) to my house when there is a letter box staring them in the face. How many bank cards have to go missing?

If I order something and I actually know when it's due I will make sure someone is there to receive it for the most part but my post being dumped on the doorstep is NOT acceptable. I have actually found it in the road on occassions because it's been a windy day, it gets dumped and it';s blown to wherever.

It's a letter box which means you put letters through it. To quote you - 'It's not difficult is it'?

Why are you talking to me directly? I don't deliver mail to your open porch or anyone elses.

Fwiw I get mail left in my (usually open) porch all the time, yet I've never ever had a single thing go missing. I wouldn't fancy living where you live if it's that rough people steal your post.

Ps: I only get one new bank card every couple of years, are you exaggerating how many are actually 'going missing' from your house?

And lastly, have you phoned customer services and actually made a simple request to make sure your mail is put through the inside door into the house? Or have you just complained on here and to anyone that will listen?

The parcels are obv returned to the depot because people aren't in when they are originally delivered??? :loopy:

One word for that, fiveof - naïve! ;)

One word for that, fiveof - naïve! ;)

Why is that? Any postie leaves anything in the office deliberately and they get suspended, simple as that.

Why are you talking to me directly? I don't deliver mail to your open porch or anyone elses.

Fwiw I get mail left in my (usually open) porch all the time, yet I've never ever had a single thing go missing. I wouldn't fancy living where you live if it's that rough people steal your post.

Ps: I only get one new bank card every couple of years, are you exaggerating how many are actually 'going missing' from your house?

And lastly, have you phoned customer services and actually made a simple request to make sure your mail is put through the inside door into the house? Or have you just complained on here and to anyone that will listen?

Rob sorry but by 'you' I mean Royal Mail not you personally. Where I live isn't a bad area but when your mail isn't actually being put into your house where it is secure things are going to go missing. So far 3 bank cards and a credit card have disappeared. (There are 4 of us in the house). Also we have found our mail in the street.

We have a letter box so they should use it. It's not hard.

Yes I have complained - several times. It stops for a while then starts again. I've also asked the postie who does it personally not to. He seems to think it's funny.

Back in the real world people have jobs, and 90% of the time when you order something you can't choose when delivery will be.

or should we all pay through the nose for 'next day delivery' just to save the postman 30 seconds?

Whats that??

You've spent all day waiting at home for a 'next day' parcel only for it to not arrive - well I am surprised!!

Rotal Mail should work out with Post Office Counters a system like Yodel do with CollectPlus - the option to deliver to a collection point if you can't guarantee to be in. Or at least have a "deliver to sorting office for collection" option

I always have things delivered to work, but not everybody is allowed to receive personal mail to their workplace