Deactivating car airbag..HELP!!

Hello, im wondering if anyone has any idea who or how to deactivate the passenger seat airbag on a Mitsubishi Challenger? I've rung Montys and they said they dont know how and have no idea who would!!! I've got to do it as got to put my little girls car seat in the front due to her not fitting in the back anymore. Any help or advice would be appreciated!!! Thanks

normally theres a switch you turn on inside of passenger door are in clove box

Is it a forward or rear facing car seat? Forward facing seats are fine with airbags

Hello, im wondering if anyone has any idea who or how to deactivate the passenger seat airbag on a Mitsubishi Challenger? I've rung Montys and they said they dont know how and have no idea who would!!! I've got to do it as got to put my little girls car seat in the front due to her not fitting in the back anymore. Any help or advice would be appreciated!!! Thanks

There is a sensor in the seat base to show when someone is sitting on it. Just take a wire off the sensors. If you look under the seat they shouldn't be hard to spot unless you have heated seats.

There is a sensor in the seat base to show when someone is sitting on it. Just take a wire off the sensors. If you look under the seat they shouldn't be hard to spot unless you have heated seats.

why is it people on here give advice they know sod all about?

If there isnt a switch built in to turn off the airbag fitted as standard theres 2 options.

one is to have the dealer fit one.

the other is have the airbag perminantly disabled via a resistor acrros the 2 wires going to the airbag you want disabling.

It needs to be done by someone who knows what they are doing and with the battery disconected.

I have done one and i think it was a 2 ohm resistor which acts as the airbag and doesnt throw the light on.

It is a very easy job for someone who knows what they are doing but i doubt there will be many posting in this thread.

the other is have the airbag perminantly disabled via a resistor acrros the 2 wires going to the airbag you want disabling.

Would doing it this way affect any insurance claim that might arise from an accident?

Once again, it's down to me to supply the answer.

Simply drive the car at 75mph into something like a brick wall or a large tree. The airbags will go off. Then, simply snip them off the ones you don't want with a pair of garden shears or strong wallpapering scissors. Stuff the others back into their respective holes with a broom handle (for future mishaps) ... job done! :thumbsup::)

why is it people on here give advice they know sod all about?...

It's one of the rules we all agree to when we join the forum! :roll:

Please ignore Old Tom's advice at all costs, he is dangerously misinformed.

I wasn't aware that manufacturers fitted any type of switch to deactivate airbags, that just seems like something that could be pretty dangerous.

You could mess about with connections or have a go at wiring it yourself, but you might end up setting them all off in one go.