OBE for Gary Barlow..

It's about time Ken Dodd got a knighthood. (They surely can't complain about the tax 'mix-up' now that so many others have been found wanting.)

The man is a legend, and the last of his kind. He's given a lot of pleasure to millions of people for so many years and is greatly admired in the industry as well as by the public.

They rarely seem to knight comedians, yet actors and sports people get honoured all the time.

Several comedians have been knighted though some like Branson and Sugar are not aware of their status.

There are three comedians called Cameron, Clegg and Osborne who really need to get knotted, not Knighted.:gag:

There are three comedians called Cameron, Clegg and Osborne who really need to get knotted, not Knighted.:gag:

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

It's about time Ken Dodd got a knighthood. (They surely can't complain about the tax 'mix-up' now that so many others have been found wanting.)

The man is a legend, and the last of his kind. He's given a lot of pleasure to millions of people for so many years and is greatly admired in the industry as well as by the public.

They rarely seem to knight comedians, yet actors and sports people get honoured all the time.

Don't forget what he did for employment as well Anna, his "jam butty mines" kept the Diddymen in work for years. He is a very funny man and yes a knighthood would not be out of place for him.:thumbsup:

Edited by Bypassblade

Some people get recognition and are rewarded some don't, life ain't fair, that's how it is ... get over it ... move on ... go and do summat useful :D

I dont do anything to warrant a 'gong'. They should only be handed out to deserving people. Now stop trying to be clever, we were discussing the likes of Gary Barlow not me.I doubt you will ever get one either. Certainly not for your forum attempts.

You have no idea what I have, or why I would have, which makes you appear a bit silly.

As for Gary Barlow, I'm no fan, but he's undoubtedly got a tremendous talent. Reading a ridiculous and self absorbed put-down from a self-confessed no-mark can actually give us a bit of faith that the Honours Committee must be doing something right if it irritates the people who don't have any joy in their spirit.

*wink*

What about Robbie Williams,he hasn't got one yet,that doesn't seem fair.

What about Robbie Williams,he hasn't got one yet,that doesn't seem fair.

What for ? services to the drugs industry ?

When I saw Robbie Williams ' performing ? ' on the stage in front of Buckingham Palace for the Queen's diamond jubilee concert he reminded me of the village idiot played by John Mills in Ryan's Daughter !! :hihi: