Car keeps stalling and cutting out?

Especially when I slow down or its idle, its a Ford Focus 2.0 petrol 02 plate, just been serviced, MOT'd and passed with no advisories.

Could the garage have done something either accidentally or purposely ?

Especially when I slow down or its idle, its a Ford Focus 2.0 petrol 02 plate, just been serviced, MOT'd and passed with no advisories.

Take it back imediatley and I'm sure they will sort things out for you.

Sounds like moisture in the electrics to me. But then again I know almost nothing about cars.

Take it back imediatley and I'm sure they will sort things out for you.

They won't without me paying them despite it only being serviced and MOT'd last week. They were quite avid the problem is nothing to do with them.

Did the service include changing the spark plugs? I don't know much about cars, but when mine was stalling and losing power it was the spark plugs and HT lead needed replacing.

The garage are right, you took it in for a service, if a fault came through their workmanship thats fair enough - its their fault. Otherwise its probably the Idle speed control valve/vacuum leak or possibly if it only does it from cold the coolant temp sensor.

Sounds like you may be ready for a coil pack. All petrol ford zetec engines are only guaranteed to last around 5 years before needing another one I have been informed.

Symptoms is exactly what you are describing. Probably nothing to do with your recent service unless you were charged and extra £80 to include a new pack as well.

Exaclty as Isabelle says, you get a complete set of HT leads, the electronic ignition unit and plugs.

I'm far from an expert but try a different brand of petrol, it worked for me,but with a different problem that I once had.

Try pressing the clutch down

Sounds like it could be the idle air control valve..as it says this controls the amount of air entering the engine when the car is idling..if this is misbehaving then it will affect the idle speed and can induce a stall...

had this problem couple of days ago with my dads 1.8 focus, changed idle speed control valve and then it has been sound since, it was pain in the ass to do as you have to get underneath to get the bottom bolt out

service and mot is just oil & filter change, and a quick check if anything is not right. it would not found a fault that is going to happen next week