Sheffield Xmas Market 2012

What could possibly be the connection between 1. A pirate ship 2. A Tardis 3. An astronaut dedicated to Neil Armstrong, and 4. some purple trees.???

Love it, get the lederhosen on, listen to the oompah band, sup beer from dustbin sized steins. [bloody lederhosen is a bit parky these days so dance on tables to keep warm]

It's terrible, Germany is obsessed with the Hoff because their own music is so poor. Sheffield market loads better than leeds.

Other half and me have run a book stall at a few event markets (summer fairs, Halloween, Christmas) this year, mainly in south east Sheffield and north east Derbyshire. We've done it as a bit of a sideline on our days off and it's been a good experience, but I've got a lot of respect for the proper market traders who do it, day in, day out, wind, rain and sleet, it can't be easy.

Went last weekend and having been to Manchester xmas markets this year I was really disappointed. Sheffield never seems to make much effort which is a shame, because Fargate and the surrounding area has so much potential to be a million times better.

I think its lost it's Christmasy feel by been spread down fargate. Last year was lovely with it all around the peace gardens, mixed with the rides, the little stage, and the ice rink!

Is the Moroccan Market still there, or have the all moved on now?

We have done the christmas market before and it is now over priced with very few quality stalls.boo.

<REMOVED>

Edited by esme
link removed

Anyway, why the emphasis on the market being 'German'? Is there something uniquely German about Xmas?

People should be supporting local businesses, not these fly by night stalls with very high prices and no way of returning items once they have scarpered in a week or so's time.

Is the Moroccan Market still there, or have the all moved on now?

Yes, they have all been given four bedroomed houses by the council :hihi::hihi: