Nasty cut at school

Well, little Johnny learned something useful at school then, didn't he?

He learned that he needs to open his eyes open, look where he's going and be more careful.

The hand-wringing, molly-coddling, someone's-to-blame attitudes of people like the thread originator and her ilk are precisely why many of the youth of today are such are load of spineless wimps.

If the cut is likely to leave a scar then you should have taken him to NGH casualty for a stitch or two and a tetanus jab,making you the culpable party in this issue.why did your on vault the box rather than avoid it more carefully?

Is this the SF version of chinese whispers?

Stepped over has become "vaulted".

My son recently got a nasty gash to his leg at school whilst striding over/ past a plastic storage box that the teacher had left in the aisle between the classroom tables. It was the very end of school and he was asked if he wanted to go to the first aid. He declined knowing he had to go for the bus. I think I would have insisted and then sort something about how he was to get home afterwards. He arrived home and i cleaned and dressed the cut. I am thinking of a complaint as greater care should have been taken . The box was made of plastic and was shattered on the corner making it as bad as glass ! My son doesnt want me to bothet now, but this could leave a scar. I knoow accidents happen but teachers should take more care and not use such items. Any views.

Hiya analoguekid. OT, but will you be going to the arena next May at all?

We can only hope that this will feature in the Star with a photo of glum looking mum pointing at glum looking son with plaster on his knee.

My son recently got a nasty gash to his leg at school whilst striding over/ past a plastic storage box that the teacher had left in the aisle between the classroom tables. It was the very end of school and he was asked if he wanted to go to the first aid. He declined knowing he had to go for the bus. I think I would have insisted and then sort something about how he was to get home afterwards. He arrived home and i cleaned and dressed the cut. I am thinking of a complaint as greater care should have been taken . The box was made of plastic and was shattered on the corner making it as bad as glass ! My son doesnt want me to bothet now, but this could leave a scar. I knoow accidents happen but teachers should take more care and not use such items. Any views.

Jesus H tap dancing Christ! Your lad cut his leg at school he's over it. You do the same get on with your life and stop whining.:rolleyes:

I fell over in the playground one time. It was quite a dangerous place as it sloped downwards. I fell over my own shoelaces and grazed all my face, a tiny bit of scarring remains on the bridge of my nose but only I can see it. I also grazed both knees, hands and wrists and have minor scarring left from that too.

I went indoors with this woman who was not a nurse but did a lot of helping out, and she was wiping my knee. I started to cry a bit, and she said "Pffft. If you think thats bad you wanna see ya face!" - How rude!

Anyhow. Why did they allow my shoelaces to be untied? This, coupled with the womans rudeness is total neglect.

I wonder if I have a claim?? This was 21 or so years ago. I can clearly remember it as it was the first time my dad fetched me from school, mum went mad when I walked in :hihi: The first time he took me on the bus I knocked my brand new front teeth out on the bar of the seat in front too! Hmmm, actually, I may have a second claim there :D

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Where there's blame, there's a claim.

Gash on leg, must be worth a couple of grand. Stress from this hideous accident, maybe a grand. Left with a huge scar, another grand. Looks like it may be a Five grander here.

On the other hand, a swift clip around the little darlings ear, and a telling off for not watching where he was walking.

What would you do.:huh::help:

Angel.

Make a claim, you know you want too. There are loads of really helpful establishments down Attercliffe who can pad out a claim for you. COMPO!!!!!!!!!!!

I fell over in the playground one time. It was quite a dangerous place as it sloped downwards. I fell over my own shoelaces and grazed all my face, a tiny bit of scarring remains on the bridge of my nose but only I can see it. I also grazed both knees, hands and wrists and have minor scarring left from that too.

I went indoors with this woman who was not a nurse but did a lot of helping out, and she was wiping my knee. I started to cry a bit, and she said "Pffft. If you think thats bad you wanna see ya face!" - How rude!

Anyhow. Why did they allow my shoelaces to be untied? This, coupled with the womans rudeness is total neglect.

I wonder if I have a claim?? This was 21 or so years ago. I can clearly remember it as it was the first time my dad fetched me from school, mum went mad when I walked in :hihi: The first time he took me on the bus I knocked my brand new front teeth out on the bar of the seat in front too! Hmmm, actually, I may have a second claim there :D

So Leah, what you are saying is that basically, you were a clumsy kid, a bit like a kid is supposed to be :hihi::hihi:

Make a claim, you know you want too. There are loads of really helpful establishments down Attercliffe who can pad out a claim for you. COMPO!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree!

I'm putting in a claim for the distress this thread has caused me! :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah-Lacie

I wonder if I have a claim?? This was 21 or so years ago. I can clearly remember it as it was the first time my dad fetched me from school, mum went mad when I walked in The first time he took me on the bus I knocked my brand new front teeth out on the bar of the seat in front too! Hmmm, actually, I may have a second claim there

So Leah, what you are saying is that basically, you were a clumsy kid, a bit like a kid is supposed to be

No no no. I was the least clumsy kid in the world! I just had cheap shoes :blush: and couldnt tie my own laces. None of this is my fault of course, how very dare you!?! :hihi:

My son recently got a nasty gash to his leg at school whilst striding over/ past a plastic storage box that the teacher had left in the aisle between the classroom tables.

So what you're saying there then is it's your sons fault? He could've walked around it rather than try to stride/step over it?

It's people like yourself who fuel the 'blame game society'!!!