Nasty stomach bug going around

My daughters been in children's for a couple of days & they're swamped with kids pukin up. It's putting a strain on them. Heard the nurses talking about a bed crisis.

Alcohol hand gel in the toolbox is the way forward.

No good against norovirus, I'm afraid.

I've had it, it didn't make me feel ill but unbelievably smelly trotskies for a couple of days. It was horrid but I'm ok today thank god.

I've had it and felt awful i was in bed for a few days and i ached all over from the wretching i was doing it was quite grim.

Winter vomiting bug been in all the papers .It has arrived a month earlier than normal .Signs all over the hospitals already warning people to take extra care with hand hygiene .

I know it as been going around. It takes a week or so to get over it as well, believe me, it's the worst stomach bug that I have ever had. :gag::(

It must be a strong virus as I am usually resistant to these bugs even though the kids and hubby get them. I was up all night with trots and peuking :( just feel a bit rough today so having read this I feel rather lucky it's not dragging on for days :)

Only airborne if someone chucks within a few metres of you. Anti viral is effective, but not anti bacterial. Frequent hand washing is the key. I hate this time of year because I'm a vomit phobe :( not good.

I have not been ill for a long time, but working in an environment with hundreds of people every day I do get a bit nervy this time of year. Luckily I dont use public transport anymore so thats a plus, nobody coughing in my face and wiping their snotty hands all over the rails.

I had a really bad bowel ache for the last 3 days was tired and aching all over and practically lost all my appetite, even though I didnt have any vomiting or diahorrea; it felt like some kind off cross between stomach bug and constipation. I feel rather better now, thankfully...

I went down with it last wed - not chucking up much, all downstairs activty, I'm on the mend now but still feel really beaten up.

lived on a diet of vimto all week.

lived on a diet of vimto all week.

Luxury.

I am on the mend now about 9 of us close family and friends have got it,Brown water springs to mind........