Sheffield dog pound

The price doesn't need to be astronomical. Newspapers are always looking for stories that draw in buyers - you have to look outside the box. Write a story, get pictures - write to different newspapers.

I have managed to do it in the past - even if you get a small article in to start with - its something - anything at all.

It can be done - things can be done - it just needs people to give time and have the need to try to help and do something - thats all. Otherwise, we can all sit back and say - nothing can be done about anything.

True, I was more responding to what seemed like a regular monthly advert

I think its just anything Squiggs - anything at all to raise awareness. To see those lost pitiful eyes - with absolutely no hope of anyone getting them out is heartbreaking to see.

The more we can get people on here to realise - that they CAN do something, it doesn't take a lot - but it does take effort and time - but they CAN make a difference.

Without them - the dogs in the dog pounds never get seen.

Hardly any rescues go into the dog pounds - a few of them do but most don't because its so hard to have to walk away and only help one or two.

The more the public are aware that these dogs are just there - wrong place wrong time - the more the public may realise to STOP BREEDING MORE DOGS and save lives of these dumped ones too.

Anyone got any ideas to promote it?

Sheffield Live would be one place that springs to mind...they may well be happy to have an interview and give coverage

Edited by Squiggs

Got a plan in motion at the moment which if it works will be fantastic, don't want to say anything just incase it doesn't happen & don't want to get any hopes up. The main problem is not many people know about the dog pound or about any of the smaller rescues. I certainly didn't until I came to this forum. Free articles in the papers is achievable, they are often short of stories. Wouldn't that be great if we could get a regular weekly article, working on that too. For a fair few ideas running around this head of mine, just need to sit down work through them & get a move on

I have been in touch with Sheffield Postcode Gazette http://postcodegazette.com

and they are going to do a story on the issues faced by the local pounds and rescues. I have put them in touch with Jacquie at Rain Rescue. They tweet about local news and they have 2000 followers, its a start!

Thanks Mr. Spoon, waiting for their call - lets hope we can raise the awareness and get more dogs homed.

Today I have been contacted by 2 different people - both of them found their new dog in a dog pound - via our website http://www.ineedahome.co.uk. One of them actually found two.

Those dogs wouldn't have been seen had it not been for that fabulous site and I have to give thanks to the lovely volunteer who has created it for Rain Rescue to do just that - raise awareness for these dumped dogs.

Thanks Nexusdee - for getting a plan going - we will help where we can but are totally over burdened at the moment, so its great getting more people on board to help.

I have just put a message on radio Hallams facebook page asking if they could give a mention to the pounds/rescue and giving the details of the ineedahome website.

maryjane - Ive had no joy with Hallam FM at all. They seem to delete posts about the rescue dogs as soon as i put them on. Have actually just issued a letter of complaint about it.

On a plus note, we have some space at the moment and we hopefully will have more space at thew weekend if our rehomes are successfull so will head straight down and help all we can :o)

http://www.borneholmdogs.org.uk xxxxxx

Yes, I had no reply either. strange as they seem to be dog/animal lovers.

the two lovely girls are no longer on the Sheffield Strays Ineedahome website page, does anyone know whats happened to them?

the two lovely girls are no longer on the Sheffield Strays Ineedahome website page, does anyone know whats happened to them?

Hopefully, someone who works at the Pound can confirm this, but a rescue I contacted was interested in taking them.

Hi daydreamblvr

I wondered if you had an update on these two girls?