AFK Kickboxing Clean Sweep 5 wins from 5 Fighters!

Last night at skate central queens road.

All 5 AFK Kickboxers won their K-1 fights with 5 wins. 2 of them won by KO and Ant Stuchbury won the K-1 english title.!

AFK once again prove they are the most successful club with the highest win ratio.

big up AFK :clap:

Last night at skate central queens road.

All 5 AFK Kickboxers won their K-1 fights with 5 wins. 2 of them won by KO and Ant Stuchbury won the K-1 english title.!

AFK once again prove they are the most successful club with the highest win ratio.

big up AFK :clap:

Toreador,

I like this thread, its a nice touch.

However, it is slightly innacurate.

We had FOUR wins and not five ;)

Lewis did an exhibition match which are generally not scored.

Also only Dr Andrew Carr and Ant Stuchbury fought actual K-1 Rules.

K-1 Rules are 3x3 mins with NO Shinpads and with knees to the head allowed but also K-1 does NOT allow any clinching whatsoever.

Andy Campsill and Phil Crampton fought Oriental Rules ;)

Oriental Rules do allow Clinchwork. Hence how Andy did most of his damage (in the clinch with his knees).

Well done to all the AFK fighters and a massive congratulations to Ant Stuchbury on his English Title. I'm sorry I missed this one however being on holiday eased the pain .

Well done to all the AFK fighters and a massive congratulations to Ant Stuchbury on his English Title. I'm sorry I missed this one however being on holiday eased the pain .

You missed a cracking show Ben!!!

We should also congratulate Simon Herbert for his 2nd round TKO win.

Also , Alex Mcquillan from Thanapron Muay Thai camp winning on points.

Also to Danny Rowlett from Marsdens Beating a very game opponent from Barnsley.

Well done to sheffield all round ;)

We should also congratulate Simon Herbert for his 2nd round TKO win.

Also , Alex Mcquillan from Thanapron Muay Thai camp winning on points.

Also to Danny Rowlett from Marsdens Beating a very game opponent from Barnsley.

Well done to sheffield all round ;)

Thats an excellent result. Nice to hear there are good kickboxers in sheffield.

:clap:We should also congratulate jeffries66 hes a great coach to some of these top fighters down at afk:clap:

Hmm, I was under the impression clinching WAS allowed, but for a maximum of 5 seconds.

Also allowing for one knee attack per clinch.

Which rules don't allow clinching within K1?

:clap:We should also congratulate jeffries66 hes a great coach to some of these top fighters down at afk:clap:

We've been down this road before.

Jefferies66 is not a member of the coaching faculty at AFK.

Jefferies66 is a random "Troll" who started a thread about a Fighter called Waj who happened to lose a fight by KO (Big deal ,.... :rolleyes:)

Fighters get knocked out or stopped all the time. It is just part of the game. Even AFK Fighters have been stopped in the past! (Although it has not happened to any of mine for a good 2 years)

Now I have had more than one private message accusing :

1. ME of being Jefferies66

2. ME of deactivating the account after a handful of posts (didnt know you could do that?)

3. ME of asking the moderation to take the thread down! ( The thread publicised AFK so why would i want that :confused: )

I dont have time to open a separate window just to read a private message. you want to make accusations, make them on here or Phone me up and air your concerns (and when you begin to bore me i'll just hang up LOL).

---------- Post added 05-12-2012 at 14:20 ----------

Hmm, I was under the impression clinching WAS allowed, but for a maximum of 5 seconds.

Also allowing for one knee attack per clinch.

Which rules don't allow clinching within K1?

K-1 does NOT allow clinching.

ALL K-1 fights are 3x3 mins with 2 possible extension rounds ( A Draw is not allowed in K-1) , "superfights" can be 5x3 mins.

Title fights in K-1 are also 3x3 mins , right up to World Titles.

In K-1 rules you can hold with ONE hand and Strike ONCE with the knee (to the body , head or legs) then you must release.

To hold with both hands (Thai Clinch) is a FOUL.

Check out K-1's website. Those are the same rules the Japanese fight under as well.

I'm aware of the sport that allows clinching for 5 seconds (or other variations such as "working clinch" or "limited clinch" ). It is known as Oriental rules. Oriental rules can be known as "Modified Thaiboxing" or "Japanese style Kickboxing".

In the ISKA we have Oriental Rules as a separate ruleset.

Most of my students fight under Oriental Rules rather than K-1.

I am also aware that some shows will have Oriental Rules bouts and then call them K-1.

K-1 is a different sport which is based around fighting aggressively and actively. You can't even "stall" or be passive while fighting K-1.

If you are seen to "stall" the Referee claps his hands and you have to keep active. It suits a pressure fighter or one who keeps coming forward in my opinion.

You can counter fight but you must keep active.

I hope this clears up a few misconceptions.

Good set of results for the AFK gang, well done...

Craig.

Good set of results for the AFK gang, well done...

Craig.

Cheers Craig. Well done also to the rest of our Sheffield Homies!

Marsdens, Steel Evolution , EKBJJ , Bodyflo and Thanapron.

Such a shame you weren't there Craig, looking forward to seeing more Kapap Fighters in the future.

I'm back next June mate, so will be at the show... have fighters ready for the Aug one tho.....