Battlestar Galactica

I'd been waiting quite inpatiently for the new series of Battlestar and so far I've not been disappointed.

Does anyone know do they ever find Earth, I know they did in the original film/series

I liked the piano music by the way

Well there's at least a thrid series to come yet so we won't find out for along time.

It would be interesting to see that if they did find Earth, at what time in history it would be..in the future or our time.

Surely them finding Earth would then leave it open to Cylon attack or invasion. (yes I know it's only a TV programme!!!)

Originally posted by wibbles

yes I know it's only a TV programme!!!)

No it's not.

Tuesday evening now has a new purpose in my life, to up my Battlestar quota :thumbsup:

Originally posted by WallBuilder

Does anyone know do they ever find Earth?

Can i just add... please please please... no spoilers!!!! Just for those of us that have to wait a bit to see it!!!

pretty please

:)

Originally posted by em3978

Can i just add... please please please... no spoilers!!!! Just for those of us that have to wait a bit to see it!!!

pretty please

:)

I agree with this, not all of us have bought or downloaded the full series :thumbsup:

I realy did try to get into the last seriese, but I found that woman (Starbuck) just too anoying to watch, I'm convinced she and the Cylon chick were just added to increase the totty count and get more men to watch, which is a bit sad.

she's got issues, but she can be a bit of pain.

Originally posted by Cyclone

she's got issues, but she can be a bit of pain.

I think Starbuck's the most interesting character - it's nice to have a gutsy, strong female character in a sci-fi series who kicks arse just as well as her male colleagues. And a top pilot! yay!Great female role model.

Similarly, the President is a great role model and very interesting character - very strong in her own right with no need to resort to violence to exude authority.

Now that blondie Cylon chick.... :gag: - now SHE'S irritating! Purely there for titillation :gag:

StarSparkle

Originally posted by mr_chris

Oh yeah, and in one scene in the BG miniseries, there's a Firefly class ship in the background ;)

Oh brilliant! Well spotted Mr Chris :thumbsup:

I'll remember to keep a look out for that next time I watch.

Homage from one great series to another.... don't you just love post-modernism, or is it post-post-post modernism now? :suspect:

StarSparkle :)

Originally posted by StarSparkle

I think Starbuck's the most interesting character - it's nice to have a gutsy, strong female character in a sci-fi series who kicks arse just as well as her male colleagues. And a top pilot! yay!Great female role model.

But she's not, one minute she's a compete ladette (ala Denise van Outen) and the next she all whiney and wet and moaning about something.

I agree the president is a good character though.

Originally posted by nick2

But she's not, one minute she's a compete ladette (ala Denise van Outen) and the next she all whiney and wet and moaning about something.

I agree the president is a good character though.

But she kicks ass when she needs to, Nick2 - that's the point! Maybe it's a girl thing :P

Glad we agree about the President! :thumbsup:

StarSparkle

Originally posted by StarSparkle

Oh brilliant! Well spotted Mr Chris :thumbsup:

I'll remember to keep a look out for that next time I watch.

Homage from one great series to another.... don't you just love post-modernism, or is it post-post-post modernism now? :suspect:

StarSparkle :)

The scene where Laura Roslyn is in the doctor's office getting her results. It's just landing in the background.