What's the best tablet to get?

I'm looking for a tablet for my teenage daughter, I've had mixed reviews about the iPad's and understand they don't have a USB port (is that right?).

Your first hand experience of iPads - or recommendations for alternatives would be much apprechiated.

Thanks in advance

I'm still waiting feedback on this one - that does have ports and reasonably priced but heyho! (Even if I can't afford one at present it would be good to know how good it is!):)

http://www.ebuyer.com/392404-sumvision-titan-tablet-pc-titan-9

(And no, I am not on commission - saw a lower specced table to this one that appears to have the same ports so you could get a keyboard from Amazon that might attach to it)

been looking at Samsung stuff recently, seems pretty good stuff - does have USB AND you can add memory really cheaply which Apple dont allow

I have a Motorola xoom (mark 1) running android and I'm happy with it. My 7 year old daughter got to grips with it very quickly. It's a 10" screen which I like for watching movies and it has an HDMI port out so I play the movies out to most TVs. It comes with a reasonable office package for writing documents etc. I get more typos than on a regular keyboard but not too bad. The camera isn't great for pics or movies but is good for skype video chats. It has a slot for an SD card which I consider essential but it was really fiddly getting the card in.

We've had a look at the Samsung galaxy tab 2 - but she wasn't overly keen - I think it's because it's different to the "I" products (we all have iPhones) - I'm lost as to wether to get her an apple ipad (which she knows and is comfortable with) or go for something more useful - and easier on the pocket!

Why are you concerned about the lack of USB ports?

Most Android tablets don't have them either, including the Tab and the Google Nexus.

Why are you concerned about the lack of USB ports?

Most Android tablets don't have them either, including the Tab and the Google Nexus.

They both have usb otg ports, like a lot of Android tablets.

The simple question is what does your daughter want it for? Until we know this advising what would be best for you is a bit tricky.

The simple question is what does your daughter want it for? Until we know this advising what would be best for you is a bit tricky.

Good question - social networking, games, research, Skype, homework, music, films - the usual stuff 13yr olds are 'in to' I suppose.

When she works on her laptop - she transfers work - data via memory pen, how would she do this on ipad?

They both have usb otg ports, like a lot of Android tablets.

Neither have a usb port that you can plug a usb stick into without an adaptor do they?