Man V Food Sheffield

I was in Manchester recently - there was a prize for whoever could eat the most pigs in blankets in 3 minutes. That's a lot of pigs in blankets. Very festive too.

The wools too chewy.

the Common Room is offering this challenge...

The starring dish of gargantuan proportions will be the full slab of long beef rib. Weighing in at 2 whole kilos and containing 2000 Calories this cut is not for the faint-hearted. The meat is massaged with special spices and then cooked long and slow for 12 hours. Once out, the meat is smothered in our homemade Bourbon and molasses glaze and is jaw-droppingly appetizing! It also includes a bucket of fries, a pint of frickles, a foot of homemade onion rings and four milkshakes. This meal requires two days’ notice and is designed for 4ppl to share (priced at a very reasonable £40, however if you come in and finish it single-handedly you will not only walk away without paying a penny but you will be immortalised on the Polaroid Hall of Fame.

There is Smokey's on attercliffe road that have an American style theme - with large portions.

Im sure the place at broomhill used to do 100 chicken wings

The large mixed kebab from Rasheeds on Manor Top isnt for the faint hearted

the Common Room is offering this challenge...

The starring dish of gargantuan proportions will be the full slab of long beef rib. Weighing in at 2 whole kilos and containing 2000 Calories this cut is not for the faint-hearted. The meat is massaged with special spices and then cooked long and slow for 12 hours. Once out, the meat is smothered in our homemade Bourbon and molasses glaze and is jaw-droppingly appetizing! It also includes a bucket of fries, a pint of frickles, a foot of homemade onion rings and four milkshakes. This meal requires two days’ notice and is designed for 4ppl to share (priced at a very reasonable £40, however if you come in and finish it single-handedly you will not only walk away without paying a penny but you will be immortalised on the Polaroid Hall of Fame.

Jeepers! :o

Mmmmm.......

The large mixed kebab from Rasheeds on Manor Top isnt for the faint hearted

Otherwise known as "The Donkey's Kn*b" :hihi:

http://www.streetfoodchef.co.uk/

They do a 3 1/2 1b Burrito called il bastardo

Second this beast. I tried it and failed. The hot salsa finished me off, however, if it wasn't for that, I believe I could have completed the task.

Second this beast. I tried it and failed. The hot salsa finished me off, however, if it wasn't for that, I believe I could have completed the task.

Excuses excuses! :hihi:

Just found this website: http://www.eatingchallenges.co.uk/street-food-chef-burrito-challenge/

Might be handy for looking into any other food challenges to be found too?

Im sure the place at broomhill used to do 100 chicken wings

That must be why the pigeons in Broomhill are flightless :hihi:

---------- Post added 02-07-2013 at 17:56 ----------

This meal requires two days’ notice and is designed for 4ppl to share (priced at a very reasonable £40, however if you come in and finish it single-handedly you will not only walk away without paying a penny but you will be immortalised on the Polaroid Hall of Fame.

Will probably be well remembered during anatomy lectures at the Med School too ;)