Are you Made in Sheffield?

Born and raised in Sheffield (Jessops). Parents are from Jamaica. Both came over here with their families in the mid 60's just before they were teenagers.

First lived in Heely and then we all moved to Woodseats just before my younger bro was born. Lived there most of my life. Parents are still there. Now in Firth Park via Crookesmoor!!

Made In Sheffield and proud of it!

Born in a back-to-back on Staniforth Road, Darnall, if you've got a video called "Sheffield Trams" (or something like that) - you can see my Dad pushing me up the hill in a pushchair! :)

i was born in shirland lane at attercliffe in 1965 and then moved to parson cross when i was 11yrs old and still on the cross now.

i was born in sheffields Jessops hospital, but have been told i was "made" in Geneva. :hihi:

Coming to Sheffield soon (as a newcomer)... Is Sheffield cosmopolitian enough to accept "outsiders"?

or do you have to be English?

How broad minded can Sheffielders be, or must the entire UK be racist against Americans?

Can you UK people know how TIRED I am in the UK of hearing "are you here on holidays?"

Hoping that Sheffield will be different...

I only registered on here yesterday but this thread is very close to the bone at the moment. I'm born and bred in north Sheffield; Lane Top and Longley/Shirecliffe. I moved to London (a fool in love!) last October and I miss Sheffield so much. I've tried living in different places twice in the past and I simply can't do it. I'm not from a close family and don't have masses of friends but there's something about that place that just keeps calling me back.

There is something in the analogy of being "forged" in Sheffield. I really feel deeply connected to it, as though I am part of it as it is a part of me. Even though I've never worked in any of our traditional steel or cutlery areas I still feel it in my bones. I've a feeling I'll be back before too long.

Ah'll shurrup nah.... soft bugger :)

Yes, I was made in Sheffield and born in the old Jessops hospital in 1982. Was very nearly born in crete (spelling, greek island), mum was on holiday and I was born not long after she got back, as I was 7 weeks early.

With a name like Sheff, where else could I belong??

concieved in a house overlooking the botanical gardens

born half on west street half at Jessops

4 years on HMS Grafton (Pompey Based)

sheffield for the rest!

I was born in Liverpool, have lived in Lancaster (Uni) and in London (Fun!), but Sheffield is a great place to live in and the people (generally) are not as in ya face as many of the northern towns such as Manc/Pool/Leeds.

And the Peaks/Derbyshire is never far away which is a bonus!! ;-)

I was born in Birmingham but have lived in this fine city for 4 years. My student mates jip my brummie accent but when I return to brum im told my accent has gone 'posh'.